Hawmorfords get new Australian record

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 03 October 06 10:35 pm

Rabbitto wrote:Congratulations to Hawmorfords for 101 caches in a day. Times no changee. Same thing happened when we broke the record at a whopping 33 caches in a day way back in the prehistoric times of 2004. (Still the only Aussie 2004 hit still on the graph :D (page 1)). Caught the same in 2005 at 56 caches.
Geeze, I don't know, you double digit people! :roll:
I can remember when everyone was amazed when we did a whopping 8 caches in a day back in when was it, 2002? and we had none of this mapping/GSAK rubbish and didn't plan anything, cache prinouts I tell ya, and you had to drive half way around Sydney to get them all! :lol:

We have only bettered that at the Pirate event the other weekend, almost 30 caches in about half a day within a leisurely walking distance. Of course it helps when there are 350 caches planted especially for the event!
About 20 DNFs in that one too, given that there were 10 other teams wandering around nabbing them all!

EcoDave :)

Quasar
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: quasar217

Post by Quasar » 04 October 06 12:22 am

Zytheran wrote:
map monkey wrote:now 40 DNFs in one day would be a highly-respected record Image Image

mm
<p>
What is the record for most DNF's in one day?
You know, the day you expect to be great, everything planned , everything works and you simply can't find them?
<p>
I got 6 DNFs out of 17 attempts over 3 days in Bendigo a few months back. Lots of very devious caches up there. But I was also pressed for time, with work.
<p>
Just today I got 4 DNFs from 23 attempts.
<p>
I tend not to keep searching, if I can't find it in 10 mins, I move on.

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 04 October 06 1:09 am

Hey DJ....you up for a 24hr cache hunt?? :lol:

Cached
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 04 October 06 11:31 pm

I'd be interested to see the state of play if you looked at 'records' in terms not of the number of finds but of difficulty * terrain added together for each cache - a geo-score for the day.

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 05 October 06 9:54 am

Cached wrote:I'd be interested to see the state of play if you looked at 'records' in terms not of the number of finds but of difficulty * terrain added together for each cache - a geo-score for the day.
<p>On <i>The 40th Forage</i> (08/02/05) Facitman and I found 44 caches with an average geoscore of 1.767045455 with 3 DNFs.</p> <p>On the <i>Spring Caching Carnival</i> (30/10/05) we found 58 caches with an average geoscore of 2.99137931 with 5 DNfs :) </p><p>FWIW, my overall geoscore for all 585 unique finds (GC & GCA) is 3.230308219
8) </p>

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 07 October 06 12:32 am

For the record (ha ha) on Thursday, my 2 daughters and I did 62 finds, and 7, or possibly 8 DNF's in 20 hrs. The possibly is because I have yet to sit down and do the logs properly. Has to wait for me to get home.

Cached

Post by Cached » 07 October 06 2:49 pm

Lets see totals though - not averages. I can get a really good average over 1 cache, but what about a total score over a day?

Must chat to C@W about this one...

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 14 October 06 6:07 pm

I've just crunched all the caches in oz thru the CraigRat statistamajig to see what area in Australia has the highest cache density of caches befitting a numbers run (trads/no multis/low terrain and difficulty within a 10km radius) and I think a trip to Adelaide may be in order :lol:

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 14 October 06 6:29 pm

CraigRat wrote:I've just crunched all the caches in oz thru the CraigRat statistamajig . . . . .
<p>
Ah, now I know why the power went off for a short while :shock:

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 16 October 06 12:40 am

CraigRat wrote:I've just crunched all the caches in oz thru the CraigRat statistamajig to see what area in Australia has the highest cache density of caches befitting a numbers run (trads/no multis/low terrain and difficulty within a 10km radius) and I think a trip to Adelaide may be in order :lol:
Can the moderators please delete the original entry.:twisted:
This is meant to be a bloody well kept secret, Croweaters only. :shock:
IMHO a bit of planning and 120+ would be pretty easy in Metro Adelaide.
Unlike those other cities colonised by drunken criminals, petty thugs and bread stealing harlots, Adelaide has roads that go in straight lines and is mostly flat.
Of course you are going to have to know the secret password before doing your cache raid or all the caches will be moved the night before. :lol:
We'll tell the secret password once a suitable pub is found and all the locals are invited. :wink:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 16 October 06 1:02 am

Zytheran wrote:This is meant to be a bloody well kept secret, Croweaters only. :shock:
IMHO a bit of planning and 120+ would be pretty easy in Metro Adelaide.
Unlike those other cities colonised by drunken criminals, petty thugs and bread stealing harlots, Adelaide has roads that go in straight lines and is mostly flat.
Well, one area has staggering 169 caches within a 10km radius at less than 3/3 rating that are not multis/moveables/other.........
Hmm, where was that flight listing......

(not that it's about the numbers..etc..etc...etc..).

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 16 October 06 9:50 am

CraigRat wrote: Well, one area has staggering 169 caches within a 10km radius at less than 3/3 rating that are not multis/moveables/other.........
Hmm, where was that flight listing......
<p>
My Dad has just sold his house in SA and is moving over here - I might just have to go over and help him pack. . . .a couple of days earlier than the moving date of course 8)
<p>
CraigRat wrote:
(not that it's about the numbers..etc..etc...etc..).
<p>
Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything :shock:

rhinogeo
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 16 October 06 11:02 am

Cached wrote:Lets see totals though - not averages. I can get a really good average over 1 cache, but what about a total score over a day?

Must chat to C@W about this one...
Just multiply the average by the number of finds :P
  • The 40th Forage = 77.75
  • The Spring Caching Carnival = 173.50
  • The HawMorFords' 101 = 189.04 it's interesting that considering they found 74.14% more caches, their total geoscore is only 8.96% higher than the SCC :shock:

Cached

Post by Cached » 16 October 06 6:31 pm

If you've got your own figures in GSAK, you should be able to make it run a macro to get an accurate figure.

As you can start to see, I personally believe it to be a more telling figure.