Snake Sightings

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
diesel69
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by diesel69 » 31 August 06 9:58 pm

bigmickb wrote:The significant other walked past a brown snake at West Head here in Sydney over the weekend just gone. She told her zooligist friend "Don't stop walking...". Which was met with the predictable response "Why not?!" as the friend stopped right next to the thing....
Well somebody correct me if I'm wrong but isn't stopping the right thing to do as snakes react to movement because their sight is so bad that if you stand still they think your a tree.

BTW saw a 90cm black snake in the local NP today whilst caching.

suedenharr
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by suedenharr » 31 August 06 10:09 pm

But what if they are a tree snake? :roll: and you can not out run a hoop snake; unless (of course) you run uphill :lol:

onward bound
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by onward bound » 31 August 06 11:30 pm

Snakes...someone mention snakes....if your interested in seeing what's out and about in QLD at the moment check the September Geotreck thread of the QLD caching section :wink: .

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 01 September 06 12:00 am

Aushiker wrote:
president & 1st lady wrote:I am soo not going to see that movie. Snakes in a confined area, no thank you, even if they are only on the screen.
1st lady
The comments out of the US rate this as eh c**p as I understand it.

Andrew
From listening to a review on the radio...
Evidently a fair amount of input came from forums on the net. :shock:
They wanted a movie where your average Joe could help write it.
So average Joe did. The director wanted the name changed to something like Flight 182 or something but the 'fans' on the net whinged so it's dumb title stuck.
Evidently it is close to being the worst b-grade movie ever made, the reviewer wouldn't commit to the "worst ever" title but mentioned it is in good company with the worst SF schlock from the 50's and 60's.
And "bad" as in not good at all,dont waste your money, stick needles into your eyes instead, push lit cigarettes into your ears, not "bad" as in really great. :lol:

The Ginger Loon
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by The Ginger Loon » 01 September 06 9:48 am

Zytheran wrote:push lit cigarettes into your ears
Filter end first? :wink:

Going slightly O/T for the moment but on topic for bad movies, does anyone remember a b-grade shocker from the 70's called "The Giant Spider Invasion"? I saw this when I was about 13 or so and it was really terrible. But then it got much worse when this guy in a spider outfit (complete with extra arms) rolled off the side of the stage/screen area and ran through the crowd, trying to scare everybody. :oops:

I think my reaction was to offer him one of my chips... :lol:

JackHenry
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by JackHenry » 01 September 06 10:33 am

Attack of the killer tomatoes. AND the sequal

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 01 September 06 3:58 pm

Snakes on a plane... the teenager wants to take her mother to see that... but speaking of B grade horror..... My favourite is that aussie classic "The cars that ate Paris" or for the seppos out there, it's US title "The Cars that ate People", for me the star of the show was a worked over VW Beetle with spikes.....

Hounddog
500 or more caches logged

Post by Hounddog » 01 September 06 11:51 pm

I actually got the "Ophidiophobia"cache name from the "Snakes On A Plane" trailer. They were originally going to call the movie that.

The movie is great if you want a good laugh. It's not serious at all......It's a comedy......kind of like Flying High meets Airport.

There is a classic scene where a passenger is using the toilet and a snake mistakes his willy for a wriggly and ........well you get the picture. Very painful. many funny thoughts come to mind like...what did he use for a tourniquet...or......did he bite the wound to get the poison out..... :D

My worst encounter is still at Swampy's cache "Hi Way Low Way", Browns came from everywhere, and of course my scary encounter with a pair of duelling snakes at "Snakes and Ladders"

smerrall
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by smerrall » 02 September 06 7:52 pm

Saw my first of the season in Sydney (well 25km out) on the way to Granny's Scramble. A red-bellied black about 1m long which I heard rustling in the undergrowth beside the track. It then slithered across the track where I had been a couple of seconds earlier.

president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 02 September 06 8:28 pm

Hounddog wrote:The movie is great if you want a good laugh. It's not serious at all......It's a comedy......kind of like Flying High meets Airport.
Yes, but it's got snakes!! I was lifting my feet off the floor watching the trailers at home. :oops:

1st lady

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 02 September 06 8:45 pm

The worst is when you think a cache is hidden within some bushes, you move towards the bushes to hear a rustle and all you see is a tail head off into the scrub, and you think to yourself that it had better have been a lizards tail whilst you stick your hands in to retrieve the cache. :shock:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 02 September 06 8:47 pm

Mr Samuel L Jackson and snakes.... on a Plane

Cmon, how could you go wrong??? :lol:

We've got got motherf##king snakes on a motherf##king plane here people!!

That said.... it's snake season ALREADY???

sigh... no more running thru the long grass with the wind in my hair :cry:

Deco
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Deco » 21 September 06 7:12 pm

A log from my cache H.Q:

07:35hrs NAKE NAKE SNAKE will be how I remember this cache. Snoo Snoo and I are running into GZ Snoo Snoo jumps and screams usually like how I do, 4 foot green, yellow and blue headed snake. Snake gets defensive and chomps at my legs, high jump and sprint occurs all at once. Pulled up at GZ before the dash out of the area.

Dik:

Post by Dik: » 21 September 06 7:29 pm

Saw 2 snakes in the Adelaide Hills last Sunday while out doing a reccy for a cache that will never be there (because what on the map was a park but on the ground had a sign KEEP OUT PRIVATE PROPERTY still 1.5 Km from proposed GZ)

One slithered off on the edge of the track, the other I nearly trod on! I think he was as scared as I was.

burdair_3

Post by burdair_3 » 21 September 06 10:43 pm

We guaranteed you that you will come across the biggest brown snake that you will ever encounter if you visit our cache Snake! Snake! :D