Helpful submission hints

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Helpful submission hints

Post by swampgecko » 11 January 04 11:22 am

Hi all,

I had a submission today from a cacher that ened up being a much harder cache to approve than really required. It is on hold until I hear from them. So I thought I would like to share a few tips with you to make life for all just a bit easier and to get caches approved quicker. I do apologise if I seem to be patronising but I do think that there is a need to do this.

The Listing Co-ords - these should be either the actual cache co-ordinates or the first waypoint for a multi cache. I have had people submit carpark co-ords as the listing co-ords. This is not appropiate as the listing co-ords. If the carpark is more that 160mtrs from the first waypoint you have effectively blocked a possible cache placement.

The distance rule - 161 mts, 528 feet, 0.1 mile, which ever you prefer, is a hard guideline, but is flexible to a point. I will ask all the cache owners who are affected by this rule what they would like to occur if I can't settle the disput with the offending cache owner. ( offending is a poor word for this) The distance is a horizontal measurement.When a cache is submitted I see what caches are nearby and their distance appart. This can be shown down to a matter of feet.

Multi caches - Please supply ALL waypoints in the Note To Reviewer, this is to prevent caches from foulling the distance rule. All so there has been cases else where of the final waypoint(cache) being removed from a spot so that another (traditional) cache can be placed in that location. That is why the request for all waypoints.

Additional co-ords in your cache submission - please be wary of adding extra co-ords in your pages, It makes it hard to sort out the required co-ords, once again slowing down the approval process. It's nice to suggest where to park for a cache, but it might be better to actually give the street name or site location instead of the co-ords. I don't know about you, but I like to keep the gps full of cache waypoints not carpark waypoints.

Railways If you are planning on submitting a cache near a railway line please consider the following, there has been caches blown up on railway lines as suspected bombs, and the cache owner was fined. In the states they work on a 150ft rule from a railway. If your cache is near a railway, please supply the following info,
Is the line disused.. no problem and the cache should be approved.
IS there a physical barrier between the line and the cache? ie a fence? If so please tell us that, and the cache should be approved. It is at the base of the railbridge and it is a popular swimming hole , etc etc, A case by case basis, but please provide all relevant information.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 11 January 04 12:31 pm

Swapgecko asked:
...Please supply ALL waypoints in the Note To Reviewer
I asume this means all the reviewers will diqualify themselves from finding multi waypoint caches as they will have an unfair advantage over other cachers. :evil:

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 11 January 04 5:34 pm

riblit wrote:Swapgecko asked:
...Please supply ALL waypoints in the Note To Reviewer
I asume this means all the reviewers will diqualify themselves from finding multi waypoint caches as they will have an unfair advantage over other cachers. :evil:

There is a draft code of conduct, which should be out shortly, for reviewers/approvers. In it we are allowed virgin finds for all types of caches,EXCEPT for Multicaches that we approve personly, for that said reason, that we have access to the waypoints for multis. But in the mean time Embi and I do have an agreement in place for the Multicaches. I will be approving any that appear in Victoria and He will do the same for NSW. This is effective now, but whilst Embi is away, I bear the load so I wont be attempting any newly approved multis untill either a Find has been logged by another player or atleast a week has passed, which ever is the GREATER time frame. As we all know some of the better multicaches have defied solving for quite some time