Geocaching user names

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Owls

Geocaching user names

Post by The Owls » 22 May 06 4:51 pm

Being new to this sport I am not sure if this topic has been discussed before but I am intriged by the various names used by cachers. I was wondering if you would share the origin of your names. I chose The Owls because we have a pair living in our backyard.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 22 May 06 7:20 pm

Actually, I don't recall a specific thread... (mix or zactyl will probably post a link shortly ) :wink: There's been ones about unpronouncable names.

I first registered on GC.com under the name "Team Rami". After a few days I realised that Rami (my Dachshund) was to put it bluntly, crap at caching and if I wanted to start finding any I would be better off to leave him at home.

Damo is my nickname. (No prizes for guessing what it's short for!) I occasionally get "The Omen" comments and also have a twin, obviously I am the "evil one", hence my Avatar.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 May 06 7:37 pm

caughtatwork was doing something he shouldn't have been doing at work some many years ago, hence he was caughtatwork.

Of course in those days, I was spending 10-12 horus a day at work, so the name also applied to being endlessly caughtatwork.

I have no twin, so I am both good and evil :twisted:

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 22 May 06 7:37 pm

Mine is made up from two nick names. In school I was called Bobby Dazzler, which became Bobby or Bob for short. I then worked at as a Public Relations co-ordinator, so I was know as the Spindoctor.

I wanted to use Spindoctor, but that was taken, so Spindoc Bob it is.

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 22 May 06 7:43 pm

Well mine isn't very hard to explain, last name is Gins which resulted in the GINSY nick name except the older brother got the rights to the name Ginsy in which he then got himself some personalised plates GIN55Y

then as i entered high school just after he left i was known to the teachers as being Ginsy which quickly became my name throughout the school and from my friends, and because there was already a Ginsy i became Ginsie hence GIN51E

nothing exciting

Edit Also many people seem to pronounce the G wrong, usually people say g as in girl where the G should be pronounced just like the drink Gin

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 22 May 06 7:55 pm

GIN51E wrote:nothing exciting
I've always wondered about the Preying Mantis avatar... what's the story with that?
GIN51E wrote: the G should be pronounced just like the drink Gin
Jinfiftyoneeee? :wink:

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 22 May 06 8:15 pm

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 22 May 06 8:19 pm

Damo. wrote:
GIN51E wrote:nothing exciting
I've always wondered about the Preying Mantis avatar... what's the story with that?
no story really, just a photo i took and i guess it sorta looks like me. tall and lanky :)

GeoScrubers
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by GeoScrubers » 22 May 06 9:30 pm

Had to come up with something on spur of the moment to view GC site. So started off with batesco88 as combination of name and when we were married. Kids thought it was too boring :roll: so they come up with GeoScrubers, for <p>
Geo.... for well.....Geo<br>
Scrubers we live in "Veresdale Scrub"

Fairly Magic
500 or more caches logged

Post by Fairly Magic » 23 May 06 9:27 am

We turned up to an event cache as our first introduction to geocaching. Everyone kept asking our name........... no your caching name............oh. :oops: how naive we were. So all the way home from the event we tried different things. Eventually ran Craig Family through the anagram server and voila. Fairly Magic were born. We all chose individual caching names as well but we log our caches under the team name.

Cheers Quilter

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 23 May 06 10:20 am

Well the cheesy part is because of our surname, Cheeseman, and Cheesy has been my nickname since about 6 years old. The pigs part is based in part on my occupation (two guesses and you wont need the second one :wink: ) and on Peppa Pig, which our son loves, and every now and again we have to do the whole, "I'm daddy Pig 'snort'" for him. If you've seen the cartoon that will make sense, if not you're missing out.

Fairly Magic

Post by Fairly Magic » 23 May 06 10:26 am

ohhhh with 2 young geocachers watch for the pepper pig snort requests at haunting next week............... :twisted:

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 23 May 06 10:34 am

Cheesy pigs wrote:The pigs part is based in part on my occupation
You're a pig breeder :shock:

my name is discussed here
map monkey

Fairly Magic

Post by Fairly Magic » 23 May 06 10:44 am

agsmky wrote:
You're a pig breeder :shock:

They do refer to their son as Piglet. :P

president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 23 May 06 1:12 pm

Ours is simple, our last name is White and we have always refered to home as The White House. Who lives at The White House, the President and his wife, of course!

1st lady
@Camp David