Intentional cache robbing

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Quasar
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: quasar217

Intentional cache robbing

Post by Quasar » 16 November 03 9:01 pm

I just got back from re-stocking a cache which was raided. The person who raided it wrote in the log book, took the entire contents, then replaced the container with the log book in its spot. The tone of the log made me think that this person intentionally sought out the cache to take all the contents.

This seems a bit nasty to me, not to mention small minded, as cache contents are never worth much. Has anyone else come across such a thing? I've found caches raided before, but usually it's an opportunistic sort of thing and the unwanted contents are strewn around the place. Are there people who use GC.com and go out looking for caches to destroy?

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 16 November 03 9:04 pm

We have had a similar thing in Canberra, whereby one Geocacher didn't like another, so he stole about 15 of his caches. This was also inconvenient for everyone else who went looking for them (including myself, who spent one hour traveling out to a stolen one yesterday).

Somehow he was caught - probably through his own stupidity.

BundyB
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by BundyB » 20 November 03 10:08 am

He was caught thanks to a nearby security camera I think.<br><br> But don't quote me on that ...