Mising travel bugs!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Mising travel bugs!

Post by Mr Router » 25 March 06 9:28 pm

Just received mail that another of our bugs has gone awol!
Please people if you find a bug in a cache not only ours, please log it as you have taken it, it is nealy heart breaking to loose a bug so early in their life. The latest bug in question is Little Piston which disappeared on it's first placement, our other bug was about 2 months old before it went!Now that is just NOT right.
We go to a lot of effort to put our caches out (75 so far, 6 bugs) for all to find and it makes it more special to send a bug on it's way.
What I am saying is please do our sport in general a BIG favour, do the right thing by everybody and not only swap fair but move the bugs as you would want yours moved.
Mr Router of Scenic Routers

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 26 March 06 10:23 am

I was going to say I saw Little Piston yesterday but http://www.geocaching.com/track/details ... ker=550114

Now you knowÂ…

Grank

Post by Grank » 27 March 06 8:50 am

It's funny where the "lost" bugs turn up. I had a TB that got "lost" after being placed in a cache by the cache's owner.

Another cacher visited the cache in question and reported the bug AWOL.

Cache owner visits and confirms - AWOL. I wrote to all finders since placement - their reply "What TB?".

I found the cache also. No TB.

A few weeks later the cache owner did another cache check and finds the TB in the leaf litter under the cache, so replaces the TB in the cache. This step was repeated a number of times - we figured that the nature of the cache and TB was not compatable as it must have been falling out every time someone opened the container and because it was heavy, burying itself immediatly in the leaf litter.

So lets hope there are more people out there like SteelRat (the cache owner in question) BIG THANKS.

Oh, the end to the saga. He grabbed the TB and located one of my caches and placed the TB in it - now it will all be "my fault" if it starts doing the jump into the underbush :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 27 March 06 11:32 am

Thanx Mix, Little Piston has showed up! It was all an honest mistake that it had not been logged, we are now looking forward to seeing it travel!
As for Shining Light the bug that went missing in Victoria after some no logs and traveling with out logging, everyone that went to the cache after the last log did not see the bug!!!Very strange indeed.
Several of these cachers went back for a look on my behalf(thanx people) could find no sign.
Maybe one day he will appear logged somewhere, I dont care there will be no questions asked!!