looking for something for your christmas list?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
baseline benny

Post by baseline benny » 28 October 03 3:00 pm

hmmmm..... vests......

I like it. It might be a little warm for wearing up here in qld but.... it a usefull looking vest. Until now I've been eyeing off the commando type vests in the quartermasters shop (army disposal/supplies)

Ben.

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 28 October 03 4:51 pm

baselinebenny wrote:hmmmm..... vests......

Until now I've been eyeing off the commando type vests in the quartermasters shop (army disposal/supplies)

Ben.
Hi
What do they look like?

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 28 October 03 5:51 pm

baselinebenny wrote:hmmmm..... vests......

I like it. It might be a little warm for wearing up here in qld but.... it a usefull looking vest. Until now I've been eyeing off the commando type vests in the quartermasters shop (army disposal/supplies)

Ben.
I've got one of these, but hardly wear it... dont know why really.. they are practical and cheap..

btw see this report about the eVest:
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/v3.0-scott ... eview.html

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Vests

Post by swampgecko » 28 October 03 6:02 pm

I already have two similar items here at home, a work issue combat vest, which I find impractical, I prefer the webbing and harness set with a daypack. And I have a fishing jacket with multiple pockets that was a gift from my in-laws. so far I have only used it for trout fishing, must drag it out of the wardrobe again and rethink the situation.....

Manta
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by Manta » 28 October 03 6:05 pm

These jackets look great. I'd be interested to hear if they are only available by e-order or if there is a distributor here somewhere.

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 28 October 03 6:18 pm

If you like those vests you'll probably like these too:
http://www.us.dockers.com/fal03a/docker ... foarea=det
The description on the website is pretty poor, but they are bussiness style pants with hidden pockets for PDA's Cellphone's GPSrs etc..

The stain defender technology is pretty cool, I've got 2 pair of these and they are great.. too bad they dont sell them in Australia..

ideology

Post by ideology » 28 October 03 9:34 pm

we have some but never use them as they get very hot when worn

Bronze

Christmas

Post by Bronze » 28 October 03 9:57 pm

All I want for christmas is a new pair of sandals. Wore them last weekend at the the Warrumbungles and they were great. Lite, dried quick, didn't fill up with blood and let the swelling toes swell. :?

Think I might even lask out and get the ones with velcro that have the straps that don't tear out of the base 20ks from the car! :twisted:

I had a trout fishing jacket - but since there are no trout in Central Queensland it eventually got lost. I wore it once and could feel eveything but didn't know how to get it out. Pissed me off so I now wear shorts with deep pockets! :roll:

baseline benny

Post by baseline benny » 30 October 03 11:11 am

Hmmm... looked at the 'Austrailia's Camping Quartermaster' website ( www.acqm.com.au ) and wasn't able to find the vest i've looked at. The one I looked at was black, heaps of pockets on the front, none on the back, allowing you to wear a pack. It was a mesh type arrangement with solid fabric for the pockets, but it was about $300 big ones, too expensive for me to justify.

Ben.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 30 October 03 11:27 am

ideology wrote:we have some but never use them as they get very hot when worn
Want to sell one to someone across the Ditch, who now doesn't have to worry so much about the heat?

George is about my size, although George is a bit smaller...