Stars

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Stargiver
Venerable giver of Stars

Stars

Post by Stargiver » 15 January 06 11:39 am

I have been noticing that a few cachers appear to have difficulty remembering how they spelt their cacher name. The upshot of this is the stars won't be updated. The ones that seem to have the most problem are those with sTrAngE capitalisation. If your request for stars appears to have been ignored, then it may be simply that what you put on the request form doesn't match what you use to logon to the forums.

The stars update is a manual process, putting in 4 requests over 3 days just makes the queue longer.

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 15 January 06 7:13 pm

Sorry :cry:

We love your work :lol:

Nosugrefs
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Re: Stars

Post by Nosugrefs » 05 February 06 5:05 pm

Stargiver wrote:I have been noticing that a few cachers appear to have difficulty remembering how they spelt their cacher name. The upshot of this is the stars won't be updated. The ones that seem to have the most problem are those with sTrAngE capitalisation. If your request for stars appears to have been ignored, then it may be simply that what you put on the request form doesn't match what you use to logon to the forums.

The stars update is a manual process, putting in 4 requests over 3 days just makes the queue longer.
How long does it take for the stars t be approved Stargiver? I sent an application some weeks ago with no result so far. Am I looking in the wrong place (generally the forum posts)? I think you do really good work, and I hope I don't sound ungrateful.

Stargiver
Venerable giver of Stars

Post by Stargiver » 05 February 06 6:02 pm

Nosugrefs wrote:
Stargiver wrote:I have been noticing that a few cachers appear to have difficulty remembering how they spelt their cacher name. The upshot of this is the stars won't be updated. The ones that seem to have the most problem are those with sTrAngE capitalisation. If your request for stars appears to have been ignored, then it may be simply that what you put on the request form doesn't match what you use to logon to the forums.

How long does it take for the stars t be approved Stargiver? I sent an application some weeks ago with no result so far. Am I looking in the wrong place (generally the forum posts)? I think you do really good work, and I hope I don't sound ungrateful.
Done! sorry, sometimes I get a bit distracted with other work, other times trying to work the name of a cacher who can't spell his/her forum name uses up the available time.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 05 February 06 9:14 pm

Bastartds - Kick em up the arse.

Better yet take a star off for each time they stuff you around.

Bronze.

Assistant Star Giver
Venerable giver of Stars

Post by Assistant Star Giver » 25 June 06 8:30 am

I would just like to remind people that the giving of stars is still a manual process, and what my boss "Stargiver" mentioned before is still an issue, People who spell their forum name different on the submission form, to what they registered in the forums, tend to slow down the process. Secondly multiple requests for updates for the same star count from the same user doesn't speed up the process, in fact it slows it down to the point where I end up looking for the same(mis-spelt) name 2-3 times.

The process is manual, and I only do the stars update once or twice a week , my apologies for this but family and work must come first.

Thanks

The Assistant Star Giver

The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by The Garner Family » 25 June 06 9:21 am

Stargiver wrote:The stars update is a manual process, putting in 4 requests over 3 days just makes the queue longer.
You bots are starting to get better and better AI. Your post almost sounds like a real person wrote it. :wink:

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 25 June 06 9:29 am

Ever thought of automating the process so you can have two days off per week :twisted: Maybe a check box on the profile somewhere (to opt-in) whereby it will automagically look at your log count and assign the stars accordingly. :P

mm

team unicycle
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by team unicycle » 25 June 06 11:36 am

I recently submitted the request twice, because I assumed the update delay was because I must have mis-spelt my forum name, or got the capitalisation wrong.
Thanks for updating it now though.

Stargiver
Venerable giver of Stars

Post by Stargiver » 25 June 06 11:44 am

map monkey wrote:Ever thought of automating the process so you can have two days off per week :twisted: Maybe a check box on the profile somewhere (to opt-in) whereby it will automagically look at your log count and assign the stars accordingly. :P

mm
This has been suggested before and I believe is on the list of things to look at. It will work for most people, however there is always someone who has more finds than the current amount of stars. Stardust is in short supply so it sometimes takes a while to get enough together to make the new stars.

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

stars in my eyes

Post by If » 28 June 06 8:47 pm

Ooooh that reminds me :D Hard to misspellt my cashing mane thouhg. Thanks for all the effort

Assistant Star Giver
Venerable giver of Stars

Post by Assistant Star Giver » 11 July 06 7:16 am

The Assistant Star Giver begs for your forgiveness, and apologies the the delay this week in doling out the stars.

He had a window of oppotunity for two days of solid geocaching and he wasn't going to miss out on that......

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 20 October 06 10:12 am

Ooops :oops: , I'd been sending a request for a stars update every couple of days until I discovered this thread

Is the venerable giver of stars on holiday :?:

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 20 October 06 9:09 pm

Well, I hope my request hasnt joined the queue, well actually my 3 or 4 requests. Each time, I get an error message saying something like I am trying to enter from an incorrect domain. My requests have been over the last 2 weeks or so. I wasnt really worried about it.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 20 October 06 11:50 pm

I don't want any.

B.