Australian GEOcoin images

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ADAcache
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found

The good news and the Bad

Post by ADAcache » 13 March 06 8:25 pm

As you will all have noticed, there are a lot of problems getting mail to go to Bigpond addresses. The issue has caused a loop on my system and a large E-Mail went out 6 times before I could stop it.<br><br>

I case the issue is still out there I will post the images to here for all to see.
<br><br>
Bronze - Trackable Coin
<br><br>
ImageImage
<br><br>
Gold - Untrackable Coin
<br><br>
ImageImage
<br><Br>
ADAcache

Bambi

Beautiful coin!

Post by Bambi » 14 March 06 2:21 am

Really nice coin, well done - I look forward to seeing some, hopefully in a cache near us! 8)

Bambi.

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 14 March 06 8:48 pm

:D :D :D [p]
Looks fantastic, can't wait to get mine!!

TEAM WOMBAT
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by TEAM WOMBAT » 15 March 06 1:22 pm

Hi Darren,

got your 6 email's, not to worry these things happen :lol:

can't wait to get mine and put them in some cache's

team wombat

Parrolet

Post by Parrolet » 29 March 06 10:03 am

Those are so pretty and cool! When do you expect them? Are we still on for trades?

ideology

Post by ideology » 29 March 06 11:04 am

we are very disappointed that it uses the term geocaching australia and a logo that is almost identical to the one that has been used on this website for years. both TLC and ourselves expressed this view before and it seems to have been ignored.

we've put years of effort into developing and promoting gca, so to have the name and logo put on the coin with the gc url after expressing our concerns makes us wonder why we bother.

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 29 March 06 12:04 pm

ideology wrote:we are very disappointed that it uses the term geocaching australia and a logo that is almost identical to the one that has been used on this website for years. both TLC and ourselves expressed this view before and it seems to have been ignored.

we've put years of effort into developing and promoting gca, so to have the name and logo put on the coin with the gc url after expressing our concerns makes us wonder why we bother.
My understanding of the issue you raised is that you didn't want the GCA logo to appear on the coin and it isn't. As you requested the image that does appear on the coin is not the GCA logo and is an original design.

You would be as restrictive as the other site wants to be if you are trying to say the design cannot use a stylised Australia and the four colours.

Spruce Mooses

Post by Spruce Mooses » 29 March 06 1:50 pm

we are very disappointed that it uses the term geocaching australia
<p>
What is it supposed to say? Geocaching Antartica?<p>
I thought GCA was a collective, not owned by anyone. It's not a company or a trademark, therefore anyone can use the 2 words together. I'm not sure why there is such a fuss against it. It gives the site free promo.<p> We should be supporting the release of Australian coins, not bitching and moaning about them. This is not a personal coin - no team name on it. It's just something that an Australian has had the initiative to do on behalf of all Australian Geocachers. Therefore I believe it has every right to have the term Geocaching Australia on it. And so should any coin to come out of Australia. Let's be proud of the collective and promote it to as many people as possible.

Cached
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 29 March 06 1:55 pm

I think there was an assumption that it was all OK - the last logos (before the proofs were made) were posted in December - to no (public) advserse comments from TLC/ideology.

Nobody wanted to upset anybody - ADAcache radically changed the design when TLC said "not for profit".

This probably could have come up earlier - when more changes could have been made.

ADAcache was actually pretty keen to keep i! onside, and a few of us, including ADAcache, have actually begun concepting on a not-for-profit competition to publicise THIS site - hopefully that won't be jeapordised by this unfortunate turn of events. i! hasn't been approached as yet for approval/support of the concept, but the intention is there once it gathers enough form to be a proposal.

Cached

Post by Cached » 01 April 06 10:19 pm

Methinks I got taken by a setup for an upcoming April Fools Joke!

TEAM WOMBAT
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by TEAM WOMBAT » 09 April 06 8:49 am

Hi ADAcache,

is there a shpping date yet?

my letterbox is getting very excited waiting for the coins to arrive, I tell it every day to look after my coins when they arrive.

Grank

Post by Grank » 09 April 06 11:31 am

TEAM WOMBAT wrote:is there a shpping date yet?
I had the same question and ADAcache has advised that the supplier dispatchjed them last week and he will start distributing them ASAP aftre receipt - work commitments allowing.

TEAM WOMBAT
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by TEAM WOMBAT » 09 April 06 11:53 am

thanks for the feedback Grank, I just can't wait to get my coins, but I do realise work must come first.

geodementia

Post by geodementia » 18 April 06 2:44 pm

They won't be far off being shipped... Caught up with ADAcache over the weekend and he actually had my coins with him, but we ran out of time and I fogot to grab them. Lucky he's coming up to Sydney later this week to visit - I'll get them then :)

I think he'll be shipping as soon as he gets a spare 5 minutes to do so.

belken

Post by belken » 29 April 06 9:59 am

I think we need a real update on how things are going now. We noticed at least one person has received a coin and so how about the rest of us?