Australian GEOcoin

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 14 December 05 3:54 pm

<double post>
Last edited by Team Piggy on 14 December 05 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 14 December 05 3:54 pm

Are these coins coming from the US?

It may be worth getting a price from some of the Chinese manufacturers direct if not done already, as most of the US sites use them anyway.

You will still have to pay the extortion to geo.com for their "ahem" setup fees....
Or list them on geo.com.au for free instead.

Cached
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 14 December 05 4:31 pm

For anybody who hasn't seen coins - here is a page with some examples:

http://www.thecachingplace.com/Cachunut ... ser=&type=

ADAcache
1950 or more caches found

Coin Update

Post by ADAcache » 14 December 05 6:17 pm

I have had one of the three companies respond so far, and the pricing is confirmed.<br><br>

there are currently 325 on order (50 as spares that I will sell to late comers), so the price is $9 each.<br><br>

If we get enough orders (I have only had 28 orders placed so far) then the price drops accordingly<br><br>

500 - $8.50<br>
750 - $8<br>
1000 - $7.50<br><br>

As was stated before, I will not go above 1000 for each version of the trackable coin so that they keep a minimum level of desireability.<br><br>

There are a lot of cachers out there that don't seem to follow the forums, so if anyone has a good idea of how to get the word out (without spamming their mailboxes) please let me know.<br><br>

The other idea that was put forward, was to have some coins made without tracking numbers. This means that you could either put your own tracking on it I.E. swaggie and release it, or have your caching name engraved on it as a keepsake. Please let me know what you think of this idea.<br><br>

Keep those e-mails coming in to <a href="mailto:daggy_travelling@bigpond.com.au">daggy_travelling@bigpond.com.au</a><BR><BR>

ADAcache

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 14 December 05 6:29 pm

i would like to have a coin that i can send between GCA caches only but i would prefer a different coin design from the GC coin except we probably wouldn't get the numbers required for the GCA coins to produce them. so i guess yeah a few coins that are blank would be good

Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Webguy » 14 December 05 7:11 pm

Well, they certainly have a LOT of coins, obviously every man and his dog has a coin made nowdays.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 14 December 05 8:08 pm

Team Piggy wrote:Are these coins coming from the US?

It may be worth getting a price from some of the Chinese manufacturers direct if not done already, as most of the US sites use them anyway.
Was looking at a few suppliers in china on the web that do a lot of the US stuff now, I reckon it could be worth looking to them direct, 0-99 coins from $3 US.

Not trying to beef anyone, but cost savings equate to a more affordable coin = many more sales... :D

As a note your price does include the postage to Aust doesnt it? Because I expect that will be rather scary on its own..

ADAcache

I'm trying my best

Post by ADAcache » 15 December 05 9:06 am

Team Piggy wrote:
Was looking at a few suppliers in china on the web that do a lot of the US stuff now, I reckon it could be worth looking to them direct, 0-99 coins from $3 US.<br><br>

As a note your price does include the postage to Aust doesnt it? Because I expect that will be rather scary on its own..
<br><br>
Yes the coins I am looking at are about $3 US each, and the extra that brings it up to the $6 US mark is the die cost, postage and GC tracking costs. I have put 5% on top of the cost of the coin to make up for the time I will be putting into the delivery of the coin (which I think is fair) so that most of the coins I will be buying for myself will be covered.<br><br>

I am still looking into some of the legalities of importing them into Australia, and if I need to include GST. Also the current cost of the coins won't include postage within Australia to the end destination.<br><br>

If anyone that has already placed a request thinks that this isn't fair let me know and I will remove them from the order.<br><br>

ADAcache

Cached

Post by Cached » 15 December 05 9:20 am

It has only just occurred to me that the price we pay for travel bugs is within a dollar of adacache's figure for coins.

See http://www.sphere.net.au/site/prod.php?itemCat=6.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 16 December 05 1:32 pm

The chinese supplier I had a quick look at was about $3.30 each with the setup costs.

I think GST will have to be added as you are selling them in Aust, Has postage from the US been allowed?
What about duty that "might" get charged at Customs when they land, that could be another factor to be careful of.
I imagine the "package" will be quite weighty, which will draw attention.

Best to cover all possible additions before ordering to make sure there is no nasty surprises at the end.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Re: I'm trying my best

Post by riblit » 16 December 05 5:27 pm

ADAcache wrote:
I am still looking into some of the legalities of importing them into Australia, and if I need to include GST. Also the current cost of the coins won't include postage within Australia to the end destination.<br><br>
You will get charged GST on the shipment as they come through Customs.
The rate is 10% of the Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI). This consists of the sum of:

Customs value - FOB
Customs Duty (if the good has les than 50% Aust or NZ content)
The transportation cost to the Place of Consignment
The insurance cost.

If you are registered for GST you can claim it back, if not, you can't.

CrazyL200

Post by CrazyL200 » 04 February 06 12:18 pm

Would it be possible for me, as a UK cacher, to buy two please. How do I go about ordering them.

belken

Post by belken » 04 February 06 11:54 pm

Sorry, You can't purchase these coins. There will be opportunities to trade I am sure. Keep an eye out for a second issue later in the year that may be opened up to o/seas purchase.

CrazyL200

Post by CrazyL200 » 05 February 06 12:52 am

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Biggles Bear
2200 or more geocaches found
2200 or more geocaches found

Re: I'm trying my best

Post by Biggles Bear » 05 February 06 9:20 am

riblit wrote:......
<P>
You will get charged GST on the shipment as they come through Customs.
The rate is 10% of the Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI). This consists of the sum of:
<P>
Customs value - FOB
<BR>Customs Duty (if the good has les than 50% Aust or NZ content)
<BR>The transportation cost to the Place of Consignment
<BR>The insurance cost.
<P>
If you are registered for GST you can claim it back, if not, you can't.
<P>
This is only partially correct as the regulations have recently been changed so that duties and taxes are not collected on shipments where the FOB (Free On Board value, this is essentially the price you pay for the goods at the point at which they leave the exporting country. i.e. it does not include overseas freight or insurance) is less than AUD 1,000.00

<P>
riblit wrote:......
Customs Duty (if the good has les than 50% Aust or NZ content)
<P>
Once again this is only partially correct, as many goods are duty free in their own right whilst others may be covered by a tarrif concession that allows duty free entry.
<P>
We now also have an FTA (Free Trade Agreement, perhaps you can remember the curfuffle that caused) with the USA (amongst other nations).
<P>
The usual caveats apply; check all duty rates and regulations with a Customs Broker prior to finalising any order.