Are We Getting Lazy?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
bigmickb
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by bigmickb » 17 November 05 2:05 pm

We used to Dreeeaaam of walking to a cache. When we were children we had to crawl to a cache with barbed wire wrapped around our ankles whilst we were eating red hot gravel. <br>Walking??? - You were lucky.<P>(Oh dear, I've probably started something now.) :D
Hmph, Luxuary. When I were a lad, we used to have to tunnel our way to a cache for over three thousand miles with nuthin more than our teeth to dig with, and when we got there our father would kill us with a broken cache container and dance on our graves singin' "I got the FTF!!!!"

And if you were to tell that to the kids of today, they wouldn't believe ya...

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 17 November 05 3:49 pm

Hounddog wrote:Gentleman's Halt is the final destination of the the track that leads you to Tower 126. I didn't put a cache right out there because I wasn't sure if there was an easy way up from the water and if so that would mean that people could cheat and do it by boat.

Even Panorama has been done in this way. I feel that anyone who does it by boat has cheated even though there is nothing in the rules to say that you have to do it on foot.

Eveyone has their own resources at hand. Another cache I know of has been done by foot so he could complain about the person whio later did it by 2wd car, then he could complain about the person whio later did it by 4wheel drive car, then he could complain about the person who later did it by boat and then they all can complain aboit the person who later did it by helicopter. :D
I have only stipulated for one of my caches the preferred method of getting to it, and that was s'anD on Track, to which you have to walk(or cycle - no petrol/deseil powered items), since I walked out there with that drum on my backpack.

I really don't care what means cachers use to get to my caches, getting there is 75% of the fun. My next couple of offerings will involve either bushwalks, boat/canoe rides or cycling, or a combination of such...

The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by The Garner Family » 17 November 05 4:13 pm

bigmickb wrote:When I were a lad,
When I was a lad we had to find the caches without clues, co-ordinates or a GPS... you just knew someone had hidden something somewhere, but that was all!!

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 24 November 05 7:13 pm

rhinogeo wrote:<p>I see your Tower 126 elevation profile and raise you a CatherineÂ’s Cradle elevation profile :twisted: </p>
Image[/img]
I call. 8)