The Mix Report - Volume 1.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Mix
450 or more roots tripped over

The Mix Report - Volume 1.

Post by Mix » 30 October 05 8:46 pm

Well I just got back from Newcastle, all that way (all that petrol) and I didnÂ’t cache once. I was down for a school reunion so that, shopping and family took most of our time.
<br><br>
The two interesting cache related things from the reunion was two of my fellow alumni new what caching was (to a degree) and had some interesting things to say.
<br><br>
The most interesting was Jon, there were awards given out (furthest travelled, most bald , all that) and I won the 'weirdest hobby' (For Geocaching, I didnÂ’t tell them about the rocket I bought that morning)<br>
later Jon was asking <br>
‘what my prize was for’ <br>
so I told him <br>
‘Geocaching’ <br>
and began the usual disjointed series of explanations.<br>
But very soon he piped in saying<br>
‘I found one of them the other day at work, I’m a field officer for national parks’ <br>
choosing my word carefully I said<br>
‘Oh, ok. Umm, sooo what did you do with it’ <br>
“we put it backÂâ€

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 30 October 05 9:44 pm

Hmmmm Rocketry..... I dabbled in that for a little while, until oneday I launched my little Alpha and the nosecone and chute parted company with the body after deploying... last time I saw the chute/cone assembly they were in an updraft at 500ft AGL and climbing over Kurrajong... oh and yes plastic aircraft models do not fly with rockets attached to them..... and the resulting fires are fun to put out.....

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 30 October 05 11:10 pm

Best and cheapest way to get into rockets is to grab some card board tubes of all sorts of sizes and get some balsa wood and make your own fins and nose cones, can even make your own shoots as well out of some plastic sheet and make a hole in the middle, some fishing line and a swivel and you have yourself one great rocket, much better to see them fly when you build them yourself. and then you can start getting crazy with it having 4 D engines going off at once or have up to 4 stages.
<P>
best one was a 1.5m tall rocket made out of VB cans, being "heavy" in rocket terms it was soooo slow lifting off the ground and slowly made itself to about 200ft but fantastic to watch. :D

el golco
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by el golco » 31 October 05 12:09 am

Two old sayings being proven in one thread:

"You're only as old as your last immature act."

"Boys will be boys. And so will most men" :roll: :wink:

TeamAstro
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by TeamAstro » 31 October 05 1:07 am

Great Hobby. I'm into it to.. sort of.
checkout www.spaceschool.com and click on the international link on the front page. Just got back from Woomera... caching and rocketry a good mix.

clear skies, Astro.

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 31 October 05 5:45 pm

Rockets are for girls. Men build Spudguns

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 31 October 05 8:16 pm

Something about the 10+thousand dollar fine and another fed record :( convinced us to covert ours back to a drain :lol: , would send a tennis ball out of sight, memories :twisted: :twisted:

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 31 October 05 8:31 pm

Mr Router wrote:Something about the 10+thousand dollar fine and another fed record :( convinced us to covert ours back to a drain :lol: , would send a tennis ball out of sight, memories :twisted: :twisted:
Ahh yes, many a great time has been had with a 6ft tall launcher.
Its amazin the pressure that can build up in there and launch something so small, so far :D

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 01 November 05 1:50 am

My Cousine and her family live in Portugal on a fairly large plot of land with lots of orange trees.
They have more orages than they can eat and selling them isnt worth the hasle for their size plot, so her son uses them as ammo for his orange gun :)

The thing shoots 200 meters easy.. just an old PVC pipe a spark from a piezo lighter and some hair spray :)

We had a lot of fun at night when we put tracer lights in them...

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 01 November 05 5:37 pm

ToolkiT wrote:My Cousine and her family live in Portugal on a fairly large plot of land with lots of orange trees.
They have more orages than they can eat and selling them isnt worth the hasle for their size plot, so her son uses them as ammo for his orange gun :)

The thing shoots 200 meters easy.. just an old PVC pipe a spark from a piezo lighter and some hair spray :)

As we said Memories :evil: If it wasnt for those darn antiterror laws, but it only takes one, you know the rest :!:

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 01 November 05 8:14 pm

Mr Router wrote:
ToolkiT wrote:My Cousine and her family live in Portugal on a fairly large plot of land with lots of orange trees.

As we said Memories :evil: If it wasnt for those darn antiterror laws, but it only takes one, you know the rest :!:
They have a point there, shooting a orange is a mayor threath to society, it is lethal from huge distances...

Mix

Post by Mix » 01 November 05 10:19 pm

Click me big...

my new water rocket launcher, built tonight in 1 hour...

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 02 November 05 6:08 pm

Thats what I said Pesky. The reply was something about the exersise!

Go figure!

Bronze.
"Three monkeys walked in an orchard one day. The first said I can see no evil, the other said I can hear no evil and the other thought and spoke no evil but turned on the other two with his orange Bazooka causing a cacitrusrophy!"

Postman Pat
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Postman Pat » 02 November 05 7:53 pm

Speaking of rockets I use a 2lt coke bottle about 1/2 full of water and use a 19mm poly elbow with a short length of tube to make it slightly bigger and a tight fit in the neck and charge with air and stand back if you put to much water in it hovers but with the right amount I can get it to go about 20 meters up in the air :oops:
Ron
P.S. my kids ask every time I turn on the compressor if I am going to play with the rocket.