OT: Bali

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

OT: Bali

Post by Cached » 04 October 05 9:33 am

I am still reeling from the news that they have bombed Bali again.

Such a wonderful place and such a wonderful people and now they will struggle to provide for their families, as if it wasn't hard enough already.

I wanted to go back and take my children to see what Bali had to offer. I was looking at taking a group of Venturer/Rover Scouts over to do a service project in an orphanage. Nobody is going to support these things now (lest of all my husband).

I hope that once all this calms down that they can clean out the terrorists and give these people their lives back. I will be watching the http://www.widhya-asih.or.id/ website to see what extra help the orphanage needs as they helped a lot of children after the last bombings. I have visited these orphanages and they are well run and the children happy, clean, fed & educated. Mum and Dad sponsor a young girl there.

Rambling a bit I know, and I was going to mention the caches, but they seem to have no importance. Bali Bull took some people out to an area they may not have visited otherwise and that would have put some money into the economy in that area. This is something caching does for communities that we don't notice. Even in Australia, how often do you stop and buy something in a small town that is out of the way that you would never have done otherwise.

Cached