Another aussie approver?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
embi
400 or more spectacular views seen

Another aussie approver?

Post by embi » 07 September 03 12:46 am

Just a quick note. <p> I was talking to the head honchos the other day about coming into the busy summer period and the workload that may fall upon me with both approvals and work (silly season for a chef is soon to hit).
<p>
What I'm wondering is. Who would be interested in signing up to be an approver if I find i'm not getting them done as quickly as I should?
<p>Or are you ok with putting up with a small delay now and then?
<p>Its not a sure thing because if I find I'm keeping up with it I wont ask for help, but if I do need it I'd like to have some one interested ready to go.
<p>
ok hit me with the flood of hands

hardunits
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by hardunits » 07 September 03 1:13 am

I think you are doing a good job. If you want some help I am willing to put my hand up to do it.

maccamob
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 07 September 03 1:33 am

I'd be happy to help out with any overload. A helper in each of the States might be the way to go?

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 07 September 03 11:15 am

Same here Embi, I would be willing to give a hand, local knowledge is also a wonderful thing :wink:

Gunn Parker

Post by Gunn Parker » 07 September 03 5:07 pm

Hi
Count me in for W.A
Andrew

embi

Post by embi » 07 September 03 5:43 pm

One person for each state wouldnt be considered. We aren't busy enough for that yet.

<p>It would be just one other person to help with the workload if it gets busy over summer.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 07 September 03 7:12 pm

The Piggy's are happy to help out if needed as well.
Might give us a chance to put the new cable modem to use :P

Let me know if we can help Embi..

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 08 September 03 6:04 pm

I'd volunteer if there wasn't a conflict of interest :lol:

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 10 September 03 11:20 am

I see Andrew has gotten in ahead of me for WA, I hope you dont mind me pleading my case. I would love to give it a go, our area (the Pilbara) is extremely quiet and this would be my big chance to "stay in the game" so to speak.

Sue

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 10 September 03 6:26 pm

OK, lets get down to the nitty gritty Embi, what are you looking for in an approver?<P>Appart from a willingness to be abused by the odd angry cache setter? :wink:

embi

Post by embi » 10 September 03 11:48 pm

Well you definetly need a thick skin, and no fear of people who can get annoyed if you knock back thier cache! So far most have been good over here but you'd be amazed at some of the ones that get submitted sometimes.

Honestly, I am just looking for someone who will have the time and "get up and go" to help me IF it gets out of hand over summer.

I would like someone who has a fair bit to do with the caching community and I think most who replied have.

I just really need a reliable back up if need be. Someone who has access to good maps on their pc is also handy.

It can get very time consuming.
I try to check the list twice a day. Sometimes there has been up to 25 caches in the list and each one might take 5 minutes to look over. There is no automated way of approving. Its all cut and paste of coords into maps etc. Checking where other caches are in relation to others and trying to work out if the terrain etc matches the description.

I think maybe a non victorian might be good too and I think either a NSW or SA person might be the best bet. Thats where most activity is.

I must make sure that everyone realises this is just a "in case" senario.

So far so good. I'm handling it, but lately its starting to build with the nicer weather I guess and i will be flat out at work with xmas functions soon.

I guess that we could look at a show of hands from other as to who they think might be a good candidate. Pick from the above list and let me know. It has to be someone you can trust to be fair (local know-how) but be able to toe the line when it needs to be.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 11 September 03 12:02 am

Hmm, Dont know about toeing the line, would a trotter do ? :P

Seems we still have all the above, maps, time etc.. We still have our trotter up, if you need help.. Leave it to you Embi..

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 11 September 03 7:58 am

Still sticking my hand in the air Embi, I have time and access to many things now in my "new" job.<P> Will leave it in your hands Embi......