Are Virtual caches prohibited?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 24 September 05 10:55 am

caughtatwork wrote:Once GCA gets the archived log it will happen automagically.
Thanks riblit :D
if it is an archived log it needs a helping hand..

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 September 05 5:58 pm

Ahhh. Of course. I believe the archive feature has been turned back on at GCA so let's see what happens.

arthurking83

Post by arthurking83 » 30 September 05 12:32 am

Where's_Wally wrote:Government "policies" really make my blood boil! :x

Maybe we are just reading too much into this... A quote from NPWS website "Geocaching is an adventure game based on a 'treasure hunt' theme where participants in one party use a handheld GPS device to search for sealed caches left by other parties. Geocaching is not permitted in areas managed by the NPWS."

They also mention sealed containers in their descriptor for geocaching, so I'd imagine virtuals to be ok... Woohoo... I'm excited...
Going by that description it seems that if you don't use a "sealed container" then you're not geocaching??..................................................

Holy governmental bullsh!t Batman :!:
This is the first I've read about the "No-Geocaching" in NPWS rule!
Are the other states similarly afflicted by the same diseased mentality as the NPWS?

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 30 September 05 1:23 am

arthurking83 wrote:
Where's_Wally wrote:Government "policies" really make my blood boil! :x

Maybe we are just reading too much into this... A quote from NPWS website "Geocaching is an adventure game based on a 'treasure hunt' theme where participants in one party use a handheld GPS device to search for sealed caches left by other parties. Geocaching is not permitted in areas managed by the NPWS."

They also mention sealed containers in their descriptor for geocaching, so I'd imagine virtuals to be ok... Woohoo... I'm excited...
Going by that description it seems that if you don't use a "sealed container" then you're not geocaching??..................................................

Holy governmental bullsh!t Batman :!:
This is the first I've read about the "No-Geocaching" in NPWS rule!
Are the other states similarly afflicted by the same diseased mentality as the NPWS?
I believe it is a NSW only thing for now..
I understand where they are comming from (trying to prevend trampling of sensitive area's by cachers, but their policy is way overkill and the easy way out.. controlled caching should be possible IMHO, but would mean time from the rangers to approve a cache and keep an eye on the area..

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 30 September 05 9:59 am

<br><br>
<br><br>