Have you found a ghost?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Spindoctors

Have you found a ghost?

Post by The Spindoctors » 06 September 05 12:18 pm

A friend of mine (Tim the Yowie Man) is putting together a book about ghosts and spooky places in Australia. If you know of one from your Geocaching travels, please contact him. Further information is below

-----------------------
Hi

Thought you may have stumbled on something mysterious or haunted during your geocaching....

I'm in the process of writing an exciting new coffee table-style book that will chronicle Australia's Haunted and Mysterious locations.

The book will not only feature major haunted locations such as Tasmania's Port Arthur, Manly Quarantine Station in Sydney and Fremantle Prison in WA, and major mysterious locations such as the beach where Harold Holt went missing, Lake George near Canberra, but also dozens of little known mysterious and haunted spots all over the country.

Do you know of any? Perhaps a haunted lighthouse, a homestead with a poltergeist? Or perhaps you know of a mysterious creek, beach, bridge, gully or mountain? A cursed rock? Anything that is a little unusual

As it is a coffee-table book I'm also on the hunt for any photos depicting any mysterious or haunted locations.

The book will also chronicle major ghost and mystery-related tours in Australia - so if you know of any or even better have beer on any, please let me know as I'm really keen to include first-hand accounts of anyone who has witnessed anything strange on such tours.

Thanks!

Regards

Tim the Yowie Man
timtheyowieman@bigpond.com

Damo.

Re: Have you found a ghost?

Post by Damo. » 06 September 05 5:42 pm

The book will also chronicle major ghost and mystery-related tours in Australia - so if you know of any or even better have beer on any,
Haunted brewery tours sound good to me. The special effects wouldn't have to be too flash after a few schooners.

When I was up at Observatory Hill looking for a cache one night I found they do "Ghost" tours of the place. Don't know if there is any basis for it though.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 06 September 05 7:52 pm

THe 2 Dogs cache "The Bogle-Chandler Mystery Cache" isn't a particularly spooky spot in and of itself. A surprising number of cachers seem to take two or more goes to find it, though... That was our experience, and it was so bloody obvious the second time, we have no idea how we missed it the first time!
Check the logs.

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 13 September 05 8:35 pm

Although this needs to be incognito, and I cant tell you the cacher who it pertains to, but there is a cache in Hobart called "Gas Works Engineer" by Team Swampy. It is in an area in the middle of town, but the buildings are very old, made from convict worked sandstone. A cacher went there very late one night, and was positive that there were ghosts loking down from the windows. There is a cut out polar bear in one window, but it wasn't that window in question..........

Also there is a town house at 77 Frankland Street Launceston that is chock-a-block full of ghosties. Everyone sees one ghost of an old woman who wanders around ceaselessly. She enjoys scaring the socks off people.

Rayjacko

Post by Rayjacko » 13 September 05 11:50 pm

Spindocbob
Is Tim the famous Yowie man who had all that crap from the icecream makers? If so I hope he has had a win.

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 14 September 05 8:33 am

Cadbury took him to court a few years back for using the name Yowie. They claimed they owned the word 'Yowie', despite him sing it years before their chocolate yowie was released and that the name had appeared in dictionaries decades earlier.

Fortunately he won the case. :)