Non cacher finds........

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
pyrenees kid
Site Admin

Non cacher finds........

Post by pyrenees kid » 17 July 03 8:17 pm

I just received a log on my cache 'Mitchells Stop' from a non Geocacher. It's encouraging hey!!

User comments:
We were just fishing, it was funny because after reading about geocaching in the paper a few weeks ago I said to my mate is sounds like a bit of fun maybe we should get into it. Anyway there we were when I just spotted it. So now I just have to get a gps and I can start really looking.
Took nothing, left a fishing float. I am a local to the area and it is nice to read what others think of a spot they otherwise would never have known existed. Cheers

Jedda

Post by Jedda » 17 July 03 9:03 pm

Thats excellent!, will have to keep an eye out for our new cacher

Two Goth Geeks
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: TwoGothGeeks

Post by Two Goth Geeks » 18 July 03 4:36 pm

Cool.
Pity he didn't leave a future team name ;)

pyrenees kid
Site Admin

Post by pyrenees kid » 18 July 03 8:25 pm

RedDwarf wrote:Cool.
Pity he didn't leave a future team name ;)
Oh but you have to register to log your finds remember......
trinners and fish (1 found)

SNIFTER
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by SNIFTER » 18 July 03 10:08 pm

Over the past 2 1/2 years the 2 Dog caches have been visited by many non cacher people. One of the best logs was from the local Fire Brigade at Wombat Stash. Fortunately a cacher took a photo of the log and posted it on the site as now it is only ashes due to the Christmas day fires in the area.
Another one was at Parsley Bay and the local ranger left a note that was also photographed. Thank goodness as it went missing .
Several of our other caches have been visited by bushwalkers and have left short notes and even felt like they should have left something and often comment on the game.
A good idea would be that if you find one of these logs, take a photo and post it on the site for everyone to enjoy.
I love to read the logs that others have left and when I find one from a non cacher it gives me a great kick.

GeoJo
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by GeoJo » 19 July 03 3:20 pm

My "Party on the Hill" cache was recently found by a couple of non-cachers who have subsequently taken up the sport :D

My digital camera doesn't take high quality photos (well, what do you expect for $10?) - so when I found an 'accidental' log at Maccamob's "Hello Sailor" cache, I copied it out for them and posted it on the page

bmac
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by bmac » 19 July 03 7:22 pm

I found a cache on Bribie Island that I would say has been found by more non-cachers than geocachers. It's located close to the beach, so I guess kids find it when they are playing. They seem excited from the logs. It was great to read

As it turns out, the cache I found was presumed missing and replaced, but I actually found the old one. I guess some of the people moved it over time to a slightly different location.

bmac.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 20 July 03 4:21 pm

SNIFTER wrote:I love to read the logs that others have left and when I find one from a non cacher it gives me a great kick.
This one didn't thrill me, as it was the only thing left in the container; and the missing logbook was rather special and difficult to replace!

Muggle Note 1

and the other one in the same (now archived) cache just confused me!

Muggle Note 2

Rgds,
Ian.

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 02 August 03 11:10 am

It was interesting to read this thread, a few days ago a fellow cacher here in Tassie sent me an e-mail telling me a couple of GeoMuggles had found one of my caches and left notes in the log.

First was from a school group -

"22-05-03 - Punchbowl Primary Students Michael and Sam found it on our excursions. Great idea!" - Signed by the teacher

The second and more interesting log was a little less positive -

"Found your fu**ing thing I thought it was someones stash" - no signature

I'm glad the second person saw fit to leave the cache where he found it and not trash it!

The cache when originally hidden was well out of the way under a large log, I can understand the first group finding it, it would be exactly where they would rummage for insects, fungi etc, but the second guy - beats me what he was doing there - maybe he was looking for somewhere to hide his "stash" :wink:

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 02 August 03 2:14 pm

Horus wrote:"Found your fu**ing thing I thought it was someones stash"
<p>
Umm...It is someone's stash %$^&*@!

alex
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by alex » 04 August 03 1:30 am

Check out Piggy's and my logs on ' Spray Fresh' by maccamob. The Muggles actually left their stash in the cache!

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 05 August 03 11:44 am

Heh. The magpie pic is excellent.

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 18 September 03 10:43 am

The cache on 7mile beach was found by a geomugle too.
Also a teacher, he was cleaning up after the students and thought a student left rubbish...

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 18 September 03 9:49 pm

That was my mate Stoner the Magpie !<br>
We actually had a note the other day on Four Little Pigs, one of Adelaide's urban specials. Found by Steve the Mall Cleaner at 655 am ! <br>
On ya Steve, he put it back but sadly never logged his find :( <br>http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... x?ID=47367

Biggles Bear
2200 or more geocaches found
2200 or more geocaches found

Post by Biggles Bear » 18 September 03 11:05 pm

HowÂ’s the ankle o' porcine one?