Big problem in SA

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Richary
8000 or more caches found

Big problem in SA

Post by Richary » 05 June 05 1:51 am

A few interesting things going on here. First Team Piggy who happens to moderate the SA forum has disabled all his cached for reasons unknown.

Then a topic discussing 3 TBs from one of the disabled caches was removed. After he has removed them and not logged them out (I checked the cache today). Apparently they are on their way to new caches according to the forum reply (now deleted), and the one that has to go back to swampy is going via Qantas on Monday. But that topic that was there at 9pm tonight has now disappeared as well.

Firstly the main topic was deleted as not necessary, then the new one tonight, sometime between 9pm and midnight. I'm sorry. but if this is going to go the way of the US forums then forget it. And have had other emails supporting the questions I was asking about the caches.

I will admit I was slightly accustory in the first one, but the final reply was nice and friendly. Then the topic gets deleted.

I'm not attacking anyone, but there seems to be some hidden agenda happening here in SA. So I will post this here where TP isn't a moderator. And hopefully someone can tell us what the **** is going on.

Team Piggy

Re: Big problem in SA

Post by Team Piggy » 05 June 05 3:28 am

richary wrote:A few interesting things going on here. First Team Piggy who happens to moderate the SA forum has disabled all his cached for reasons unknown.

Then a topic discussing 3 TBs from one of the disabled caches was removed. After he has removed them and not logged them out (I checked the cache today). Apparently they are on their way to new caches according to the forum reply (now deleted), and the one that has to go back to swampy is going via Qantas on Monday. But that topic that was there at 9pm tonight has now disappeared as well.

Firstly the main topic was deleted as not necessary, then the new one tonight, sometime between 9pm and midnight. I'm sorry. but if this is going to go the way of the US forums then forget it. And have had other emails supporting the questions I was asking about the caches.

I will admit I was slightly accustory in the first one, but the final reply was nice and friendly. Then the topic gets deleted.

I'm not attacking anyone, but there seems to be some hidden agenda happening here in SA. So I will post this here where TP isn't a moderator. And hopefully someone can tell us what the **** is going on.
I think you need to check your PC, the posts are still there and have not been touched in any way by me.
I take quite a bit of offence to what you are trying to do in here Richard.

I suggest if you have a problem, you take it out with yourself.

No posts have been deleted by me, apart from the one that was discussed earlier and is still showing on the site.
I dont know why you seem to have taken such a point to try to undermine me over a couple of bugs that got moved, from a cache that they have been sitting in for weeks?

Or is it, I took the glory of returning Swampy's travel bug away from you and cached ? because I cant see any other point why you are carrying on like a child.

If thats it, then fine, I will drop the Bug at your house tomorrow so you can play the hero? Bacause F&^^%$ if I can figure any other reason out.

Ever thought I have disabled my caches to sit out a bad attitude I have about this sport at the moment, thats my choice, and its been brought on by people acting just like you.

Congratulations, you may have possibly just helped to clear about 60 of SA's caches from the site ,and from any other cachers being able to find them.
Because your actions in here certainly arent giving me the right feelings to unarchive them any time soon.

So I suggest you check your facts very carefully before posting bullshit remarks about something that hasnt even happened... The fact that I am not a moderator in here doesnt matter. I havent deleted the other posts anyway...
Again, go check your facts, I can see the topic still, and even fired up 2 other PC's to make sure it wasnt just in the cache (No pun intended).
Its there too.

Dont bother apologising when you find your mistake, I am not interested.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 05 June 05 4:14 am

Hmm, Now as a note, I have just rebooted everything here and logged back in, and yes that post Richard talks about above is missing even though it was there before, and I replied on it to timestamp it.
Also missing are a few other recent posts ? One by Unicycle I think on people logging or not logging finds? cant remember exactly now, but I know Freddo replied at about midnight on it.

So it seems there may be a forum problem, that still doesnt give people the reason to go off attacking moderators with wild accusations.
Enough for me, the baby's finally asleep after 3 hours, So I can go and get an hours sleep till the next feed.

Lets see what this forum has to show in the morning.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 05 June 05 4:15 am

Nope just refreshed all again, and there it is again... weird..

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 05 June 05 6:33 am

These Dilmah ladies are working hard for our tea.
Do your bit and have a cup today.

Ahhh - Thats better!

The Bronze.
"Headmaster: Yes... Harris will you?... And, of course, to cause the
man's penis to erect and har...den. Now, did I do vaginal
juices last week oh do pay attention Wadsworth, I know it's
Friday afternoon oh watching the football are you boy - right
move over there. I'm warning you I may decide to set an
exam this term."

Richary

Post by Richary » 05 June 05 10:30 am

TP, my apologies if I have jumped to conclusions because the posts were missing. They weren't there when I checked in about midnight (as you also posted later) but are back now. Something strange must have happened with the forums. Maybe that is backup time or something and you can't see them while the backup has them open (or something like that).

I am sorry if this thread is seeing as trying to undermine you. That hasn't been the intention at all. I value your contribution to the hobby. Things have just been a bit of a mystery lately with the disabling.

You talk about a bad attitude to the sport at the moment, and hence disabling the caches. If you do decide to drop out (and I hope you don't) then please put the caches up for adoption, a lot of them - especially the more distant ones - are very worthwhile.

PS, I'm happy for this thread to be closed and return to discussion in SA.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 05 June 05 11:15 am

I have been asked by the powers that be to post a link to the thread, apparently it is confusing a lot of people....

http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=3178

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 05 June 05 11:18 am

Compo-

Dam! The door hit me in the arse on my way out. Lucky it padded! :wink:

This is a particulary nice one - Good thing it was empty.

The Bronze.
"A Man's Conscience

Q. Why does a man have a clear conscience?
A. Because it's never used.

Lucky arn't we.

Slider & Smurf
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by Slider & Smurf » 05 June 05 5:07 pm

Here's a thought - when in doubt, email the individual FIRST before speculating in the forum. Sounds like most of this rather public animosity could have been avoided by seeking the answers from the source.

Three threads and counting ... Sheesh ... :shock: Shouldn't everyone be in Naracoorte right now and out of internet range??!!

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 05 June 05 8:55 pm

Naracoorte is next weekend. ( Team Piggy have decided that we wont be attending now) I can spend the time digging my new sewer pipes in, Wasn't a hard choice considering recent events.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 05 June 05 9:05 pm

Could be worse -

Could be digging old ones out :roll:

You welcome to the Gold Rush Piggy to help fly a calculator.
The Bank Managers' into a bit of crackling since she roasted me a couple of times this weekend.

The Bronze.
"Garlic Salt and Cracked Pepper Please!"