Caching Around Australia

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

I have managed to find caches in.....

only 1 state/territory
22%
2 to 3 states/territories
51%
4 to 5 states/territories
19%
6 to 7 states/territories
7%
All states/territories
No votes

Total votes: 68

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Caching Around Australia

Post by swampgecko » 13 May 05 9:54 am

I know quite a few of us cachers travel for either work or family, so I was wondering how many of us have managed to cache out side of our homestate, or have managed to cache in every state? What are your thoughts on the caches that you have done in the various states?

So far I have managed to get caches in NSW, QLD, WA, NT and VIC. so I am missing TAS, SA and ACT, not from the lack of trying to get to those fair states and territory.

My impressions so far is that NSW and VIC play the game the hardest. This is not to say that the other states don't have quality caches of their own, I am just gauging it on those that I have done, or been part of(reviewer days). Mind you this is a poor way of judging it since I have only done a limited number of caches in any other state other than NSW.

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 13 May 05 10:12 am

I think you are about to get "swamped" with replies stating "this is the hardest" etc etc etc :lol: :lol:

To put an end to all of that I put forward this suggestion. Lets elect someone to go state to state and judge all the hardest caches!!!!! :lol: :lol: Funding you say- I am sure everyone in each state would be so keen to see their cache voted as the best that they would put forward to airfares etc!!!!! :) They would wouldnt they????? :lol: :lol:

maccamob
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by maccamob » 13 May 05 10:34 am

So far, we've managed SA, VIC, ACT, NSW and QLD (the last in our 'early' days), plus a few overseas (Italy, Estonia, Finland and UK). No free trips though. :wink: Dak would go close to being the most widely travelled, both here and overseas.
Last edited by maccamob on 14 May 05 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 13 May 05 11:11 am

All states/territories
So have we any caches in Australian antarctic teritory :shock:

I'v only been caching in Vic and NSW.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 13 May 05 12:26 pm

I've cached in NSW, QLD, VIC, ACT, SA and just recently, WA. Not sure if I actually found any in ACT, but I tried. I've yet to visit and cache in NT and TAS, but it's on the todo list.

- R

Slider & Smurf
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by Slider & Smurf » 13 May 05 2:55 pm

We've been pretty lucky with our trips, too - we've cached in SA, VIC, NSW and ACT. Only two US states so far though :wink:
<p>
I used to think SA was hooked on micros, especially when we first started up ... however the Bison tubes are pretty popular here in Seattle, and they're just evil. Especially when wrapped in camo tape. :twisted:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 May 05 3:06 pm

I've not been "lucky" with regards to being able to get interstate to cache although I really would like to.

All my 500+ caches have been found in Victoria, so I'm really happy that Victorians have placed so many caches that I can get to in a reasonable distance from my home base. I still have over 500 on my not found list, so there's a long way to go before I need to get interstate.

I wonder if I were living in a state with not too much coverage whether I would be as enthused as I am now?

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 13 May 05 4:49 pm

SA, Vic, NSW, Qld, NT (and North Island) for me. Waiting on work trips to Tassie and Perth that are promised :)

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 13 May 05 5:15 pm

We'll do some caching in nsw when we next get out to see family...same with vic. Only cached in WA so far.

Marie

Team GeoCoopers
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by Team GeoCoopers » 13 May 05 5:17 pm

Found caches in SA, WA, Vic, NSW, QLD, and Tassy for me.

Never been to NT ( :oops: ) and not to ACT since I began caching 4 years ago ( double :oops: ).

Maybe its time to go visit some relatives there :roll: .

Snuva
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found
Twitter: Snuva

Post by Snuva » 13 May 05 5:27 pm

Only TAS and VIC - But also have finds in the US (California), Chile (Easter Island), and Peru.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 13 May 05 7:18 pm

All except one of mine in NSW. Went to Adelaide for a weekend and was foiled by all but one of the CBD caches I looked for.
No overseas finds yet but I did place one on a recent trip.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 14 May 05 8:38 am

NSW, Qld and ACT for me. I'd like to get further south sometime over the coming year.

The Bronze.
"Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl"

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 14 May 05 9:06 am

For me, I have done Vic, Nsw, ACT and TAS.

I think being the original au approver I am in the best position to be the judge of the caches.

Therefore if each state sends me thier contribution to the "Embi judges every cache in every state" fund, I will get cracking.

I think the best way to start would be the purchase of a Winnebago.

I have decided on this one. The Vectra.

And a picture of the interior.

I of course will have to fit it out with all the computers etc needed for my trip but I think the funds will well and truly cover it.

Thanks to you all for the support and I look forward to announcing a winner in 2015. :lol:

xf king
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by xf king » 14 May 05 9:29 am

Only one for me so far, but some day I would love to travell and see all the states, maybe on my long service leave in another 8 years or so.