we need a geocacher to come and show us what to do.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
esl_cache

we need a geocacher to come and show us what to do.

Post by esl_cache » 03 May 05 7:58 pm

:) Hi there everyone,

I run a voluntary English conversation class at the State Library in North Tce every Sunday from 2-5pm. We would like someone to come in and explain how to do geocaching and demonstrate looking for one near North Tce and the Library, as an "excursion". There are usually twenty students, from 14 - 35 years old, coming from Asia, Europe, Mexico and the Middle East. They are very computer literate and would love to have an English conversation about geocaching. Their English is good - a lot have degrees from their homeland. Can anyone come this Sunday (8 May) in Adelaide? If you are an overseas traveller that would be wicked. Please show us how to prepare and hide a cache and how to find one, and what is the basic equipment etc.Msg or ring me on 0401515723

Kind regards

esl_cache

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 03 May 05 8:19 pm

I dob in Alex from Cartographics :wink:

*oops* Mothers day, Hmm, Better pack the mother and take her along... Alex...

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 03 May 05 8:28 pm

Mate - I'd love to help but your in the wrong state.

If there is anyone in Dubbo looking for a life - I'm happy to search with you.

The Bronze.
"It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 03 May 05 9:20 pm

Well, my mother is interstate so the day doesn't present a problem to me.

It's a matter of picking some within walking distance that will also be gettable on a Sunday afternoon in town without being too obvious. Might have to have a think about that one. Most city ones are multis or micros.

I would be up for it. Ph 0408 400 597.

Did this come about from Sunday's article in the paper?

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 03 May 05 11:29 pm

maybe use temporary caches

esl_cache

Post by esl_cache » 04 May 05 2:52 pm

Hi there Richary

Yes the Sunday Mail article started me off. What is a multi or micro?
Please come along and talk about it. We would like to prepare a cache to hide as well as to seek some out. But I don't think anyone has a GPS yet. That's how new it is. Bring your equip[ment and show us how you get a list of caches, what you do or don't do whne you find one, or don't find one, and how do you report your activities on the website. i am the voluntary teacher. Just turn up at the State Library in North Tce and go upstairs and ask for the Conversation class at 2pm.

Regards

esl_cache
[quote="richary"]Well, my mother is interstate so the day doesn't present a problem to me.

It's a matter of picking some within walking distance that will also be gettable on a Sunday afternoon in town without being too obvious. Might have to have a think about that one. Most city ones are multis or micros.

I would be up for it. Ph 0408 400 597.

Did this come about from Sunday's article in the paper?[/quote]

Team Red Roo
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Roo » 04 May 05 3:33 pm

Sounds like the South Australian Geo-population is about to get a big increase :lol: :lol:

Slider & Smurf
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by Slider & Smurf » 05 May 05 2:25 pm

Don't forget to plug the next event, too - great times had by all, and even a little caching thrown in!! Wish we could go :cry:

Richary

Post by Richary » 09 May 05 10:53 am

Seemed to go OK. As expected some people didn't show much interest but a couple seemed keen. Planted 5 dummy caches nearby and 1 was set up to look real (swaps, logbook etc). Couldn't leave it there for the GC site as too close to a real one, but I may relist it on GCA. 2 of the people filled the logbook out.

"My name is Jingxian. I found this box on May 8, 2005. I take the knife and put my bookmark back. Thanks."

"Hi, I'm Sarah from Taiwan. I put one new Taiwan dollar coin inside. I love this game"

A couple of people asked where to buy the GPSr's, so Alex you might get a couple of customers.

Richary

Interview on ABC

Post by Richary » 10 May 05 11:34 pm

The interview has hopefully (finally) been posted at

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jary/cache/

There you should see an MP3 at the bottom of the list.

Not sure what is going on with the webpage editing at the moment, the links I have posted from my cache pages work fine with the direct link but this one isn't - may be this PC not having the player installed. Or Ozemail playing games.

I apologise for the low quality (if it is). From a tape player without a proper line out into the mic socket on the PC. Recorded at low rate as it was only AM mono to start with. Hard to tell on this temporary PC with only the internal speaker.

Richard

Devar
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
Twitter: Devar

Re: Interview on ABC

Post by Devar » 11 May 05 12:00 am

An entertaining listen richary!! :D