Geocachers disease

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Webguy » 30 March 05 12:53 pm

My eyes are fine Dave, I was letting the invited guests find a few before I started. :lol:

My worst one has started to go down, and today, I am only itchy in a few places. Have had them for a week+ now so about time they started to go away, leaving a red blotch on the skin which I hope will fade.

As for the scratching, will power my son.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 30 March 05 5:49 pm

If they're anything like mine, they'll disappear after a couple of weeks, no scars unless you aggravate them.

elmofreak
100 or more tracks walked

Post by elmofreak » 30 March 05 9:23 pm

sounds vaguely like the evil sandfly bites i got when i was up in gove - evil evil evil things - cept i came out in huge blisters - all around the top of my socks where the little buggers had crawled up my pant legs and found skin...
<p>
Took several weeks to go down - tho the ones on my hands were smaller - and did go away quicker - itched like all buggery:)
<p>
Just don't spread it (the disease) thru the caches!

J. Edgar

Post by J. Edgar » 30 March 05 9:35 pm

The Rats wrote:Can you get chicken pox twice????
It's possible. Immunity can wane if not boosted by (a) innoculation or (b) contact with a person with the active virus.

Also, it depends on how young you were when infected. If just a baby, then you may (rarely) be at risk of contracting the disease later in life.

4 children die each year in Australia from Chicken Pox.

I'm wondering if these blisters were random or in lines? Were they on both sides of the body or just one?

IMHO it sounds more akin to a contact dermatitis, as many of our intrepid colleagues have suggested, caused by exposure to plant or insect allergen.

Jamie

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 30 March 05 10:01 pm

Aliens !

J. Edgar

Post by J. Edgar » 30 March 05 10:11 pm

I wish I'd watched ER. :cry: I could've offered some really cool advice. Maybe yelled some complex drug request ending in "Stat!".

Jamie

ideology

Post by ideology » 30 March 05 10:13 pm

we can't give a diganosis without you posting photos!

2KsAway

Post by 2KsAway » 30 March 05 10:18 pm

Chicken Pox is actually a Herpes virus. The virus never leaves the body and lives in the nerve system at the base of your spine. It is possible to contract Chicken Pox more than once.
I should know I have had it 3 times.

Kylie

Webguy

Post by Webguy » 30 March 05 10:18 pm

I could have taken a photo last night, but now, nearly all mine are subsiding and just becoming a red blemish.

Aliens, hmmm, I did have a run in with aliens not long ago.

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 30 March 05 10:31 pm

Truth be known, Webguy has a fascination for the ladies of the street that walk under red lights... the others just got it by association

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 31 March 05 9:22 am

swampgecko wrote:Truth be known, Webguy has a fascination for the ladies of the street that walk under red lights... the others just got it by association
You mean the ones that help kids across school crossings before and after school? I always suspected they were a bad bunch.

- R

Lyn Pat and Nathan
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Lyn Pat and Nathan » 08 April 05 8:45 pm

I'd put my money on Ticks. If you went along Kangaroo tracks or brushed past bushes then they hop onto you. They locate exposed areas around cuffs, etc.
Sometime we get a row of bites as one has a bit of a field day.
The result is small red blisters or lumps about 1mm at the bite and around 10mm red area.
The bite itself is itchy to distraction and will sometime weep for months (but we seem to be getting more immune so its only for a week now). Best solution is to spray heap of personal insect repelant on clothes and to wash everything straight after your bushwalk. Including yourself...

Sandflies would be possible too if you were near the coast or waterways. Much the same reaction for some people but we get no marks at all...lucky us.