OT: Tool of the Day

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 02 March 05 9:42 pm

Mind Socket wrote:Heheh, we be brothers now, Bronze. I smashed my front 2 (adult) teeth out when I was 12. Was expecting at least a few more years before my first set of false teeth, now I've had 'em half my life.
MrsT lost 1 of her front teeth on her 13th birthday when she was hit by a car..

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 03 March 05 10:29 pm

I tell you it's a winning combination.

Yesterdays winner for 'Tool of the Day' was a daughter ringing up. She was 14 and out camping with dad. Hey were pegging the tent down when the wind picked up ahead of a storm. The tent blew into the nearby water so the dad threw the hammer - it bounced off the trailer came back and smashed out three of his teeth. His daughter wapped his face in her blouse and drove him an hour to Dubbo Hospital (Not the Bass one) in just her Bra.

The Bronze.
"Ya win some - ya lose some". After 31years I'm gonna have a rippa old age.

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 03 March 05 10:46 pm

Reminds me of the time I was camping at Terrigal and had hundreds of spots to pick from. I laid the tent out in a likely spot. And started pegging it down the first 3 pegs went in fine but the fourth was getting a little resistance. Thinking one good wack would do it I swang away and to my shock the peg started to back out of the ground. I smacked it again and this time it jumped out of the hole and it was followed by a gush of water that would make an old man proud. Franticly unpegging the tent I then had to (with the help of park manager ) dig a hole where the water was coming from and found a 12mm pipe. The manager was stumped as to where it came from and where it went but was amazed at the procession with which I has severed such a small pipe in such a large area.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 04 March 05 9:05 am

I'm camping at Terrigal this weekend, if I come across the pipe, I'll say hi for ya. :)

- R

Effrem

Post by Effrem » 05 March 05 5:50 pm

Mind Socket wrote:I'm camping at Terrigal this weekend, if I come across the pipe, I'll say hi for ya. :)

- R

I suppose that would be better than "camping" in sydney tonight :roll: