Another question about sharp items...

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 27 February 05 10:55 am

Bronze wrote:I'm just browsing, waiting. In a page or two you will all to get around to teapots then I can chime in. :D
<p>
Teapots? What kind of teapots?
<p>

<p>
Oh those teapots!
<p>
Don't ask, needless to say it wasn't my proudest moment for christmas day 2004 :roll:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 27 February 05 8:19 pm

DOH,
I was going to bribe Bastvet into giving me that photo.

You're no fun anymore!!! :wink:

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 27 February 05 10:32 pm

Make sure to use biodegradable non toxic vouchers that you can't choke on :lol: . Oh and has the teapot got a safe handle - we don't want any scalded geocachers and / or geodogs :shock:

Sometimes I just have to take a look when a topic like this drags on to 3 pages.

Hamster-man

Post by Hamster-man » 01 March 05 10:07 pm

OK first of all I would like to thank everyone here for proving that insanity DOES go hand in hand with Geocaching... so I should fit in nicely :D

I would also like to send a big thank you to Energizer61, Horus, robtas and CraigRat for their very flattering feedback on my first cache... which DIDN'T contain any sharps afterall! I must say that I did get a bit pedantic about the cache's finish - but I needed a project to distract me from work! Plus all of the notes and instruction sheets used are now templates for future projects - so it was time well spent I think. Also by making it multi (well kind of!) it forces the geocacher to see the whole lot of my backyard playground!

I almost missed out on this location however as the day I planted the final items I passed someone driving out - who apparently was Energizer61 scoping out the location! Very small place Tasmania :D

Anyway with all the positive feedback on my first cache, I am currently trying to find time between jobs to plan the next adventure... Might take a bit more searching though! I shall keep you all updated...

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 01 March 05 10:34 pm

Hamster-man wrote:Plus all of the notes and instruction sheets used are now templates for future projects - so it was time well spent I think.
<p>
You mean to say your next one is going to be the same as the first one - Boring :roll:
<p>
Actually you did have something sharp in there - the Bicentennial Pin, do you know what a child could do with that? Shame - anyway I took it out so no one could hurt themselves. . . .and sold it on eBay for $50, they are very collectable you know :wink:
<p>
All joking aside, that was an excellent cache, one of the most satisfying caches I've done for a long time - you've put us all to shame with your first effort and I for one am looking forward to the next adventure you take me on.

energizer61
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by energizer61 » 02 March 05 6:59 pm

Hamster-man wrote:OK first of all I would like to thank everyone here for proving that insanity DOES go hand in hand with Geocaching... so I should fit in nicely :D

I would also like to send a big thank you to Energizer61, Horus, robtas and CraigRat for their very flattering feedback on my first cache... which DIDN'T contain any sharps afterall! I must say that I did get a bit pedantic about the cache's finish - but I needed a project to distract me from work! Plus all of the notes and instruction sheets used are now templates for future projects - so it was time well spent I think. Also by making it multi (well kind of!) it forces the geocacher to see the whole lot of my backyard playground!

I almost missed out on this location however as the day I planted the final items I passed someone driving out - who apparently was Energizer61 scoping out the location! Very small place Tasmania :D

Anyway with all the positive feedback on my first cache, I am currently trying to find time between jobs to plan the next adventure... Might take a bit more searching though! I shall keep you all updated...
<p>
hehe, all i can say is, had it been another day later, we may of had another Holwell Gorge Incident .... I'm Glad you're cache is such a beauty though :) thanks again..
<p>
Insanity??? hand in hand with caching ????? never ;) hehe
<p>
as for finding time between jobs for caching, I Give you a fortnight & you'll be trying to find time between caching for work ;)
<p>
now, what was the topic of this thread again????

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 08 March 05 7:33 pm

If I put or had pocket knives in my caches- I would be more concerned about muggles getting hold of it and ending up with some 8 yr old kid running around with it. I personally don't let my 7.5 yr old open ANY cache without us there- I'm always worried someone may have done something to the cache, or it may contain something child unfriendly. I don't see a problem with caches containing pocket knives, as most cachers are responsible- well the ones I know anyway- but I would be most concerned about the muggle factor. <br>
<br>
Marie.