You know you're a Geocacher when............................

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Snuva
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found
Twitter: Snuva

Post by Snuva » 21 January 05 8:42 am

. . .you get excited by the newest KMart junk mail in your post box because Sistema cliplock containers are on sale!!!<P>. . .you get EXTREMELY cross at your partner who has just, while you were kindly showing him the lovely sale on Sistemas, pretended they are advertising the Navman for $314 on the opposite page (they weren't - I kept looking - wasn't there this morning either!)<P>. . .you travel around the state with work colleagues/muggles and at certain places on the road they turn to you and say 'there's a cache there - no we're not going to just check on it' before you can make the suggestion.

xf king
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by xf king » 21 January 05 8:58 pm

How about when you start adding "geo" to common things, like. The Geo kidies, geocars, geodoggies, geosnaks, geopens, and lots more.

When you spend one whole week caching. I think I did that last week or the week before.

When your whole weeks income of 320$ goes onto buying petrol, 2$ trinkets, junk food from various fish and chip shops and take away resturants for lunch and dinner, printer ink for pirinting out 100's of pages, $2 worth of pens. Hehe I did 3200km of driving in 3 weeks of my holidays, about 2000km worth for caching near and far.

When you start caching on a 40 degree day, and do it till your sweating and your body sticks to your clothes and finally to your car seat when you get back into the hot car.

When you start cypening (not sure on the spelling of this) petrol out of your work car into your own to do caches or do 200km extra a week in your work car to go to caches.

You start looking for cheap cache containers at a discount plastics store in Huntingdale. And the store owner looks at you weird when you come to the counter with 3 huge buckets with lids, and about 10 large, medium and small clip containers. And he asks what are you doing with this. And with no time to explain what your doing because you still have 10 more caches to do for the day, your answer is "hiding some treasure".

juzmac
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by juzmac » 21 January 05 10:11 pm

You know you're a geocacher when:

the entire family are geocachers in seperate teams.

your parents announce a geo-engagement for a geo-wedding and the first things people ask are ---> Will the wedding be listed as an 'event'???
:wink: :lol:

You go out and buy a 4x4 to get to the caches that the Commodore couldn't get to just to save walking anywhere from a few hundred metres to a few hundred kms!!! :twisted:

crew 153
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 21 January 05 10:12 pm

The other half was having an Angiogram today and last night I dreamt of the doctor leaving a micro cache .

Didn't work out how to log it though.

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 26 January 05 6:27 pm

When while looking for baby names on this site ( http://www.babynames.com/V5/index.php?content=name_c ) you get excited by the possibility of the first one under ‘c’

Team Raider
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Raider » 27 January 05 11:21 am

You know you're a geocacher when.... <p>
Your wifes in hospital, so on the first day you log a nearby cache "In her honour" and the following day you go on an 8 hour caching extraviganza to log 3 virgins :!: <p>
Or when SWMBO has a linen cupboard full of clip lock containers<br>
Or the 'Cachemobile' has your team name plastered across the back!<br>
Or you have more spray cans than a grafitti artist :shock:<br>
You buy sandpaper to sand the surface of lunch boxes to help the paint stick....<br>
You own 7 GPSrs.....<br>
and last but not least.........<p>
All the photographs you've taken in the last year are either:<br>
Cache Loactions, POSSIBLE cache locations or the contents of Caches<p>
Reading this thread has made me laugh no end! So much of this applies!!!

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 27 January 05 3:42 pm

Team Red Devil wrote:I wish someone would make me a pre-made cache :lol:<br>
<br>
Marie
You can collect it at: S 37 40.6AB E 144 33.BA8

Where A & B may be obtained by contacting us prior to your arrival.

Ian (Just letting Penny know visitors will be arriving soon. Hope we aren't out caching when you arrive!!)

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 27 January 05 3:50 pm

I can only estimate that these co ords would be for a location in Victoria. <br>
<br>
You can collect it at: S 37 40.6AB E 144 33.BA8
<br>
<br>
We're planning to do a drive over at some point this year (I have family in NSW-might make a detour south :) ) <br>
<br>
Thanks for the offer :) We'll see you later in the year maybe :) <br>
<br>
Marie

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 27 January 05 3:53 pm

ian-and-penny wrote:You can collect it at: S 37 40.6AB E 144 33.BA8
Hey that's only 15 minutes from my place :shock:

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 27 January 05 3:55 pm

I have already started working on the positions possibilities...

:D

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 27 January 05 4:00 pm

:shock: :shock: Hey go away you two!! Its MY cache!!! Ian promised it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <br>
<br>
Marie :twisted:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 27 January 05 4:15 pm

First in best dressed.
Although I may give you a few head days start. :D

Wow. Who would have thought there was another cacher so close that I wasn't related to.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 27 January 05 4:19 pm

...when you argue between friends and family who's going to find it first.

...you don't give you kids time to put there sandals on because a fellow geocacher has gone "Away" on MSN just after a cache has been listed nearby.

...You walk thorough a caryard eliminating vehicle types because they would never have made it to such and such cache.

...you make your wife work at a hardward store to get cheaper contailers and paint.

...you kids seem to be taking in riddles compared to the other kids that come around.

...your you circle of friends are quite capable of discussing the pros and cons of a particular location, cache or forum topic being discussed at present.

Bronze.

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 27 January 05 4:22 pm

Yesterday I spoke to another cacher- he lives just in the suburb on the other side of the main road to us. WAY close! I thought it was cool- I thought everyone was all far away- but nope- there is someone close :) <br>
<br>
And Caught- you can't touch my cache unless you can help it on its way to me LOL!!! Its MY cache. Ian is giving it to ME. So ner ner ner :P :P :P And if he gave it to you when he promised it to me he'd be breaking a promise- and cachers don't do that do they.... :shock: :shock: :shock: <br>
<br>
Marie

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 27 January 05 4:24 pm

Maybe he could turn your cache into a swaggie? And then it could get itself to you?