You know you're a Geocacher when............................

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Re: You know you're a Geocacher when............................

Post by quiet1_au » 09 April 12 11:48 am

Rigger64 wrote:when you can see a cache container in just about everything you look at.
Like Diabetes Test strip containers(Which are slightly smaller then a 35mm film canister but better).
I bought a tube of Warheads Extreme Sour Candies - just to get the container which looked good for a cache hide :D And boy were they sour! :-&

:-$

Rigger64
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved

Post by Rigger64 » 09 April 12 12:22 pm

quiet1_au wrote:...you abstain from the wine at dinner [-( because you're heading out after to have a crack at a night-cache (again!)

AKA you go out in the cold and rain and dark for a night-cache instead of staying in with a nice port/brandy - and are looking forward to it too!... :mrgreen:

@ quite1_au We must have been out @ the same time but i was doing a maintenance run on one of my night caches.
But the rain Cleared not long after i got out of the car but the Wind was still there.

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 09 April 12 11:54 pm

Rigger64 wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:...you abstain from the wine at dinner [-( because you're heading out after to have a crack at a night-cache (again!)

AKA you go out in the cold and rain and dark for a night-cache instead of staying in with a nice port/brandy - and are looking forward to it too!... :mrgreen:

@ quite1_au We must have been out @ the same time but i was doing a maintenance run on one of my night caches.
But the rain Cleared not long after i got out of the car but the Wind was still there.
It was mostly OK when I was out, a few passing showers really. I had wine and The Time Travellers Guide to Australia I was keen to get back too :D Unlike today when it came, stayed, went away for a bit, came back again, repeat.... And hail too! BRRR!

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 11 April 12 10:49 pm

You get back from the MEGA this afternoon and your geo-teen is wanting to brush his teeth to go to bed tonight and you start to tell him to get the toothpaste from the Caching Bag instead of the Toilet Bag lol :shock: :lol:

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 13 April 12 4:15 pm

You see this at k-mart, and spend about 3.5 minutes looking at it, thinking you are seeing things...

lemmykc
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by lemmykc » 20 April 12 11:28 pm

It was interesting to note a new cache got published last night in a certain suburb and then I wake up to find two cars crashed in this particular suburb....

Coincidence? :-" :-" :-k :-k

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 30 April 12 5:25 pm

day1976 found Unexpected (Traditional Cache) at 4/30/2012

Log Date: 4/30/2012
After reding the previous logs I was prepared to be looking for a non-traditional cache. Once arriving at GZ I began looking for things that looked just a bit out of the ordinary. The only thing I could find was what looked like a discarded dog poo bag that appeared quite full. Initially I thought that this could not possible be it. Could it? After searching around for 20 minutes or so, the discarded bag began to look more and more likely. So I sat back and re-read the previous logs again. Innovative hide? Unexpected? So I bit the bullet and opened the disgarded dog poo bag to find.......dog poo! About 5 minutes after this I spotted the real hide! Nice One.

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://coord.info/GL81WF9J

Happy Chappies
2000 or more caches found

Post by Happy Chappies » 30 April 12 5:50 pm

gmj3191 wrote:Location: Victoria, Australia

After reding the previous logs I was prepared to be looking for a non-traditional cache. Once arriving at GZ I began looking for things that looked just a bit out of the ordinary. The only thing I could find was what looked like a discarded dog poo bag that appeared quite full. Initially I thought that this could not possible be it. Could it? After searching around for 20 minutes or so, the discarded bag began to look more and more likely. So I sat back and re-read the previous logs again. Innovative hide? Unexpected? So I bit the bullet and opened the disgarded dog poo bag to find.......dog poo! About 5 minutes after this I spotted the real hide! Nice One.

Classic! =D>

PesceVerde
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by PesceVerde » 01 May 12 12:18 pm

It's like deja vu all over again! :-&
You realise someone will now make a cache from (hopefully) fake dog poo. Edit: Delete detail ...
:gnome

canary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by canary » 01 May 12 2:11 pm

PesceVerde wrote:

It's like deja vu all over again! :-&
You realise someone will now make a cache from (hopefully) fake dog poo. Edit: Delete detail ...
:gnome
There are at least two fake poo containers in Western Sydney!

One is so real that I spent at least five minutes feeling ikky and wiping my hands!?!

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 02 May 12 6:07 am

You see a news article that a local park (ok the biggest park in Dublin full of embassys and stuff) is closed for several hours due to the location of a suspicious device.

You then read the article http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0501/suspic ... -park.html again carefully and your response is...

"PHEW! It was only a bomb... no caches were muggled." :shock:

Browngang
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by Browngang » 04 May 12 10:51 pm

You hear the 9:45 pm news update on the TV.

Good evening everyone this is so and so here on NBN news .......bla bla bla. You thought for sure that she was going to say "BIFROST HAS BEEN FOUND" earlier today in the suburb of bla bla. And it it was not by Browngang.
Now over to the weather report #-o

Happy Chappies

Post by Happy Chappies » 15 May 12 1:08 pm

On your cycle home on a dark evening you see a shiny thing in a tree and immediately hit the brakes and examine more closely.... Only to get VERY excited when you see another reflector... then another... then another... So you toss any idea of going home on time and instead follow the trail of what you assume is an unpublished nightcache in the hope of being pre-FTF!

(Happened last night - but no container to find.... :( Now watching the listings impatiently for the publish note!)

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 15 May 12 5:33 pm

Happy Chappies wrote:On your cycle home on a dark evening you see a shiny thing in a tree and immediately hit the brakes and examine more closely.... Only to get VERY excited when you see another reflector... then another... then another... So you toss any idea of going home on time and instead follow the trail of what you assume is an unpublished nightcache in the hope of being pre-FTF!

(Happened last night - but no container to find.... :( Now watching the listings impatiently for the publish note!)

:-"

Bronnie_1990
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 15 May 12 7:00 pm

quiet1_au wrote:
Rigger64 wrote:when you can see a cache container in just about everything you look at.
Like Diabetes Test strip containers(Which are slightly smaller then a 35mm film canister but better).
I bought a tube of Warheads Extreme Sour Candies - just to get the container which looked good for a cache hide :D And boy were they sour! :-&

With those containers, the lids kept breaking off...please dont use it for a cache hide. (Just use an eclipse tin....i did not just say that!)

(and yes oh my god they are sour)