You know you're a Geocacher when............................

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 13 June 07 11:22 am

Not so much as a geocacher but you know your a cop when you sign your name and add your rank and badge number. Confuses hell out of bank managers
I've come out with some classic things. Not Geocaching related but computer related.

I once asked Mix to "scroll back" so we could look at a house. Yes I meant "reverse back".

On the way out to the Dubbo Event on the weekend, Mix had forgotten to dip his lights while we were driving in the dark. I went to say "drop your caps" and then suddenly realised I was using chat room terminology. :lol:

I have also said "LOL" instead of laughing :oops:

Grank

Post by Grank » 13 June 07 12:05 pm

You know you're a geocacher when .....

.... you leave your family on the Central Coast during the worst storms in decades, with no power for four days, to skirt around swollen Hunter district rivers to attend an event in Dubbo that you missed the 1st day of anyway ... and had a GREAT TIME!

.... but I did leave them all my camping gear so that thay could cook on my gas stove and boil water to wash with :roll: what a guy :wink:

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 13 June 07 12:20 pm

MrsMix wrote:I've come out with some classic things. Not Geocaching related but computer related.

I once asked Mix to "scroll back" so we could look at a house. Yes I meant "reverse back".

On the way out to the Dubbo Event on the weekend, Mix had forgotten to dip his lights while we were driving in the dark. I went to say "drop your caps" and then suddenly realised I was using chat room terminology. :lol:

I have also said "LOL" instead of laughing :oops:
Ever tried to click a link on a print out of a web page?! :shock:

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 13 June 07 1:11 pm

Ever tried to click a link on a print out of a web page?!
lol... no! :lol:

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 13 June 07 1:40 pm

You Know you are a Geocacher when you:
Spend over a week 'Modifying' your 'other' vehicle, as your wife wants the good lux to go away with the 'girls', so you then decide to go overboard, and on the morning of departure finally decide that the old tyre's ain't gunna cut it so you fit the Muddies you have decided on (needed new ones for rego anyway!)....
Then spend all night at an event, with the start of the flu, only to get home and have the rest of the week off 'sick', planning cache hides,trips & further mods to the trux to make it a better cache machine. :wink:

d.d.dudes
500 or more caches logged

Post by d.d.dudes » 13 June 07 5:22 pm

You know your a geocacher when.......
You start converting your neighbors so there's new caches to find in your area, instead of hitting your own cause its starting to get boring.........(hey I'm here all week).....boom ....boom :mrgreen:

Postman Pat
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Postman Pat » 13 June 07 8:24 pm

Grank wrote:You know you're a geocacher when .....

.... you leave your family on the Central Coast during the worst storms in decades, with no power for four days, to skirt around swollen Hunter district rivers to attend an event in Dubbo that you missed the 1st day of anyway ... and had a GREAT TIME!

.... but I did leave them all my camping gear so that thay could cook on my gas stove and boil water to wash with :roll: what a guy :wink:

Mrs Postman Pat said that was Cruel and if I was to try that I would be Shot and the body Fed to the dogs :shock:

d.d.dudes

Post by d.d.dudes » 13 June 07 9:11 pm

Hey wait i got another....You know when your a goecacher when..
You look at a muggle then try and work out your own DNA.........as a puzzle......! (sorry........sheeesh :roll: )

Swampy
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Swampy » 14 June 07 12:11 am

MrsMix wrote: I once asked Mix to "scroll back" so we could look at a house. Yes I meant "reverse back".
Ever tried to reverse forward? :twisted:

luckdogscrew
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by luckdogscrew » 14 June 07 1:33 pm

When this sign means you run to the cache instead of not entering!

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 14 June 07 7:59 pm

Ever tried to reverse forward?
:lol: I was PUIOC "Posting Under Influence Of Children". Hadn't even noticed my error. Ta! :D

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Re: You know you're a Geocacher when............................

Post by SamCarter » 07 November 09 12:23 am

You know you've been caching far too long when ...

- you are actually startled to realise that a Sistema container might make a really good lunchbox

- the main criterion for deciding your next phone contract is what geocaching apps it will run, rather than anything else (including its telephonic prowess)

- the first thing you do after finding out that you are visiting a new area is to find out what caches are in the vicinity

- just about anything you look at could be a cache container

- you start mentally composing your cache log before you've even found the cache

PesceVerde
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by PesceVerde » 07 November 09 12:35 pm

Everywhere you travel, youre thinking "There's a cache over there, ..." :D

calumphing_four
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by calumphing_four » 08 November 09 8:07 pm

PesceVerde wrote:Everywhere you travel, youre thinking "There's a cache over there, ..." :D
Whenever you watch a travel show you wonder whether there is a hidden cache that the presenter has just walked past.