A short animated video explaining what Augmented Reality Caches are all about

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 December 22 8:56 am

wayn0

Re: A short animated video explaining what Augmented Reality Caches are all about

Post by wayn0 » 13 December 22 1:39 pm

Lots of possibilities with this cache type!

wayn0

Re: A short animated video explaining what Augmented Reality Caches are all about

Post by wayn0 » 14 December 22 12:51 pm

I used to be involved in game modding. After reading the Augmented Reality wiki page and discovering the old Second Life cache, it's reignited an old idea I had to modify a custom map for a free game called Enemy Territory. The objective of the map is to locate and transport documents to a transmitter while your enemy is doing their best to prevent this. Instead of documents, I made it a geocache. It was a project I never finished. I was thinking a Mystery Cache and the puzzle is to complete the map objective for coordinates or a code to be displayed on the screen. I figured it would be a niche style of cache that would have a limited number of players who enjoyed it. Others who cache for the numbers and stats would try it and probably not like it at all HAHA. I've decided to add this back on my to-do list. It won't be for everyone but then not every geocache is for every geocacher. It could work as a Locationless Cache.. it might have been a good one to try during the covid lockdowns. If I end up stuck indoors again it'll be elevated on my list. Thanks for another video :)