Locationless own-log etiquette

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team737
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lee.drury.71066/

Locationless own-log etiquette

Post by Team737 » 08 May 22 8:44 pm

We're new to locationless caches.... We published a few lately, and today spotted an object that would serve as a log for one.
What is the consensus for logging your own locationless cache? OK/not OK? Is there an official line?

caughtatwork

Re: Locationless own-log etiquette

Post by caughtatwork » 09 May 22 9:39 am

My own opinion that when you hide a cache you shouldn't log a find against it because you know where it is. An exception is a moveable which can end up anywhere and as you no longer know where it is when you look for it, it's OK to log you own. Same for a locationless cache. You have found it in a new location, so you should be able to log it if you like.

Team737
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lee.drury.71066/

Post by Team737 » 09 May 22 7:38 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
09 May 22 9:39 am
My own opinion that when you hide a cache you shouldn't log a find against it because you know where it is. An exception is a moveable which can end up anywhere and as you no longer know where it is when you look for it, it's OK to log you own. Same for a locationless cache. You have found it in a new location, so you should be able to log it if you like.
This was my line of thinking too, cheers....

oldfella
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by oldfella » 10 May 22 5:21 am

Team737 wrote:
09 May 22 7:38 pm
caughtatwork wrote:
09 May 22 9:39 am
This was my line of thinking too, cheers....
Agree