Beginner help near Parkerville please.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Debjecks

Beginner help near Parkerville please.

Post by Debjecks » 14 October 20 7:54 pm

Hi, I am planning a bush walk with small kids near Parkerville tomorrow (15/10 Thursday) I have just joined and tried to find the cache in Glen Forrest yesterday without luck ...although my phone GPS said I was on top of it???
Can anyone please offer some help for a rank beginner and perhaps an easy find for my first cache tomorrow????

Thanks in anticipation x debs

Team737
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lee.drury.71066/

Re: Beginner help near Parkerville please.

Post by Team737 » 15 October 20 6:47 am

Parkerville, WA?? You might get more rapid, local help on the WA Facebook group - this forum is knowledgable, but replies can take a while....
Lee

Debjecks

Post by Debjecks » 15 October 20 11:33 am

Thanks Lee... I really have no idea other than I’d like to do geocaching... 😁 might take a while ...

TeamBarritts

Post by TeamBarritts » 15 October 20 4:19 pm

Hi Debjecks, there are many easy caches around the area which should be very straightforward. I have over 50 in the area and all mostly have a D/T of 1.5. You could also take a stroll around lake Leschenaultia where there are at least a dozen or so. Cheers Jim

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 15 October 20 7:02 pm

Some people have volunteered to be geocaching gurus and help newcomers. Of course some of them may have volunteered a while ago and forgotten, but you can search for gurus here...

https://geocaching.com.au/search/gurus/

Also if your state is allowing events at the moment head along to one of those and meet some locals, there will be plenty of advice on offer.