Happy B'day GCA (online event)

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Re: Happy B'day GCA (online event)

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 27 March 20 11:39 am

oldfella wrote:
27 March 20 11:26 am
Well I have done some research and found nothing. How do I use it. Can I use it from my desk top or Lap top or do I have to use my smart phone?
I have no microphone on my desktop. Not sure about my Laptop. Hopeless with smart phone technology.
Desktop, laptop, smart phone. Any of those will work. Look up www.zoom.us in your internet browser. Laptops usually have a built in microphone. Try this video to give you an idea of what Zoom is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnyitUU ... e=emb_logo

oldfella
10000 or more caches found

Post by oldfella » 27 March 20 11:46 am

I have Zoom loaded on to my Smartphone and apparently it works and now have it on my laptop so at least one will work. Just received and read your private message. Thanks Linda.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 27 March 20 6:28 pm

Correct. I was doing another test run. And yes 6pm Qld Time sounds about right. Well done! \:D/ See you there.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 28 March 20 4:35 pm

WE'RE ON TONIGHT 7pm AEDT.
Remember this is a chat, not me talking at you. However I will moderate it with prompts and making sure we don't all talk at once.

I really need your help with the following, because I really don't know much and we all love to learn from others experience...

A couple of things I'd love to discuss are:
- Geocaching Australia highlights over the last 17 years;
- Geocaching International (.com or whatever you call it) highlights over the last 20 years; and
- Your own best geocaching highlight over the time you have been geocaching

If you could think about these three items and come prepared to share your thoughts, that would be awesome.

See you all there :D :griffin

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 28 March 20 8:58 pm

It was great to see so many people getting involved in all the virtual events today. Looks like a real hit. I think a few people needed that social interaction. Thank you to everyone who joined in the fun.

So who is hosting the next zoom event to help keep us all sane in this isolating time?

2y'stassies

Post by 2y'stassies » 29 March 20 9:06 am

We hadn't used Zoom before so were unsure about whether we'd be able to interact. Two well organised events put any fears we had at rest. It was great to be able to interact with geocachers from around Australia and put faces to names we have come across during our travels. Especially nice to be able to talk to others face to face as we are in isolation at home after arriving back in Tasmania on Spirit II several days ago.
Thanks for your event No_Tomorrow. We will look at holding a virtual event at sometime once we've sorted our audio. =D> =D>

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 29 March 20 5:48 pm

I agree. While I have met some people from around the country on trips or at megas, it was great to see some people who so far have only been names on the forums. Maybe we should do this more often especially over the next few months while physical meetings seem unlikely to be a possibility. One great way of staying connected.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 29 March 20 5:59 pm

Something to think about - there is one big date coming up in 5 weeks that a lot of people wanted to have events on...
We here at GCA/GA can show the world we can still celebrate the day with other geocachers and get a :D for it.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 26 April 20 9:47 am

I couldn't help but notice no one has planned any online or other events for May 3rd here.
I can't hold one as I am not sure where I'll be on that day. Here, there, in lock up because I'm not supposed to be travelling long distances (got to get back north for work).

But I would certainly love to share the 20 year anniversary with others that day. I don't have facebook so have no clue what others have been doing or are planning.