Finding Own Caches

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Luckyl10n
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: Finding Own Caches

Post by Luckyl10n » 20 May 19 4:48 pm

A couple of comments have caught my attention.

First, I agree with WazzaAndWenches that I would also log my own event caches, should I host an event and perhaps even a locationless.

Second, I agree with No_Tomorrow that finds should not be claimed on archived caches, particularly in circumstances such as with her caches, as I understand that there is only one physical container in place which is the subject of a GC listing and the GCA listing has not been active since well before the recent logs. I also hope that no dragonZone points accrue for the archived cache finds, this perhaps being the more relevant issue as it affects game play involving others and not just individual stats.

Third, I also agree with the views of 2y'stassies, which are similar to my own in terms of cache finds (although I have one early duplicate on a locationless from my early caching days).

Taking the second and third issues one step further, while my own preference is to only log a cache once, I agree others can do as they please as it only affects their personal stats UNLESS they are amassing dragonZone points for the second and subsequent finds. As this affects others who are playing the game, then perhaps dragonZone points should only be awarded for the first find on any eligible cache, as this has the potential to inflate points totals and accelerate increases in rank to the detriment of others playing the game. I'd be interested in the views of other players on this point?

Tuena
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Re: Finding Own Caches

Post by Tuena » 21 May 19 1:54 pm

Luckyl10n wrote:A couple of comments have caught my attention.

First, I agree with WazzaAndWenches that I would also log my own event caches, should I host an event and perhaps even a locationless.

Second, I agree with No_Tomorrow that finds should not be claimed on archived caches, particularly in circumstances such as with her caches, as I understand that there is only one physical container in place which is the subject of a GC listing and the GCA listing has not been active since well before the recent logs. I also hope that no dragonZone points accrue for the archived cache finds, this perhaps being the more relevant issue as it affects game play involving others and not just individual stats.

Third, I also agree with the views of 2y'stassies, which are similar to my own in terms of cache finds (although I have one early duplicate on a locationless from my early caching days).

Taking the second and third issues one step further, while my own preference is to only log a cache once, I agree others can do as they please as it only affects their personal stats UNLESS they are amassing dragonZone points for the second and subsequent finds. As this affects others who are playing the game, then perhaps dragonZone points should only be awarded for the first find on any eligible cache, as this has the potential to inflate points totals and accelerate increases in rank to the detriment of others playing the game. I'd be interested in the views of other players on this point?
You amass DZ points for each find on eligible caches. You've chosen to only find each cache once. I find moveables (& Locationless for that matter) multiple times. Once a moveable as been moved it's fair game regardless of whether you've found it previously. Subsequent finds should continue to attract DZ points.