Identifying pathtag

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
solofish1

Identifying pathtag

Post by solofish1 » 02 September 18 5:57 pm

I have a pathtag stamped Geochaching Australia - New South Wales on the front and the number 3678695 stamped on the back. I have no idea how I came by this tag but would like to know its history. I don't know anything about tags at all.

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Re: Identifying pathtag

Post by whitewebbs » 02 September 18 6:16 pm

solofish1 wrote:I have a pathtag stamped Geochaching Australia - New South Wales on the front and the number 3678695 stamped on the back. I have no idea how I came by this tag but would like to know its history. I don't know anything about tags at all.
If you log into pathtags.com it will tell you all about the wonderful, addictive world of pathtags.

The number on the back of the tag is the serial number. From the serial number you gave, the pathtag number is 16451 and was produced by the Geocaching Australia shop (where you can buy lots of good caching stuff along with pathtags with the profit going to run Geocaching Australia.

A pathtag is often left in caches and you may have found it that way. You can join up free to pathtags.com (can use your geocaching name if you like to set up an account). You can then log the tag into your collection. If you get addicted, you may even make one, or buy them. There is an Aussie Pathtag Club in South Australia and other clubs around the world. Many geocachers you know may have their own personal tag. I have 24 personal tags I have made. I leave them in caches, they are for the finders to keep if they want. I make ones specific to club themes on the USA site and trade with other members, (it is like collecting stamps/coins), we trade them via snail mail all over the world. I make them for mega events in Australia and there are pathtag swaps at these events. I currently have around 3,500 tags in my collection.

I hope that helps.