IN NEED OF HELP GARMIN GPSMAP60CS

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Weekend Explorer

IN NEED OF HELP GARMIN GPSMAP60CS

Post by Weekend Explorer » 14 December 04 7:02 pm

Gday everybody,
Just a quick one really I must be overlooking something, if anyone has a garmin GPSmap60CS could you please help me out I have loaded the USE Metroguide installed and was wondering if anyone new how to then delete it of you GPS handset I have tried everything

Steve

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 15 December 04 1:30 pm

Hi,

The question is, why do you need to delete them :?

BTW When you load another mapset into the GPSr, it will automatically erase the existing maps.

If you are worried that the maps may be slowing the map drawing, just disable the mapset from displaying in the SETUP MAP => INFORMATION => hit menu button => Hide USA MetroGuide

Regards

Agsmky

Weekend Explorer

Thanks For The Help

Post by Weekend Explorer » 16 December 04 2:40 pm

Well After I had just posted my plee for help, I realised it automatically deletes the non seleted maps damn thing oh well now i know thanks for the help

Archie

NotHisRealName

Re: IN NEED OF HELP GARMIN GPSMAP60CS

Post by NotHisRealName » 26 September 09 8:24 pm

Sorry to Necro an old thread, but I've a similar question...

I've a GPSMPA60CSx, and was wondering if there's a way to synchronize it with a PC in such a way to allow easier management of waypoints?

Currently, to delete a number of waypoints you've got to select each one individually on the unit, and delete them one at a time. Is there a way to select a number of (old, obsolete) waypoints and delete them en mass?

Basically I've walked out a scout ground and marked bridges, buildings and other features, and was hoping for a quick and easy way to remove them from GPS to make searching for relevant waypoints (work, home, whatever) easier than having to sort through the masses.

Please help!

murf
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by murf » 26 September 09 10:43 pm

For bulk removal of waypoints, I usually manage things by using the different icons (or Symbols) to group waypoints... my usual use for this is just reloading geocaches for whichever area I am about to visit. I can use the delete all of a particular symbol to remove geocaches and load the new set without losing "home" etc.

I do realise this isnt a lot of help if all your waypoints are the same symbol, which I suspect may be the case here. So, in this case, Mapsource is your friend. Load up mapsource and connect your 60Csx, then use the "Transfer... Receive from device..." menu to download all the waypoints. If you need, save a copy to a file at this point, then just filter the list in Mapsource to what you would like to leave on the GPS. Use the "Delete... All Symbols" function on the GPS, then the "Transfer... Send to device..." in Mapsource will put back the ones you have left in the list.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Murf.

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 26 September 09 10:45 pm

NotHisRealName wrote:Currently, to delete a number of waypoints you've got to select each one individually on the unit, and delete them one at a time. Is there a way to select a number of (old, obsolete) waypoints and delete them en mass?
What I do is this. First I load all my waypoints from my 60CSx to Mapsource. Them on the 60CSx I go to the "Trip Computer" page, hit menu, reset and delete all waypoints. I edit/delete the waypoints in Mapsource and then upload them back to the 60CSx.

NotHisRealName

Post by NotHisRealName » 28 September 09 11:57 am

Thanks all!

I'll give this a trial tonight.

I guess half my problem is I haven't had a good play with mapsource as Basecamp is so much prettier to work with (and easier for uploading individual waypoints).