multi-cache event / multi-cache for a day

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

multi-cache event / multi-cache for a day

Post by MavEtJu » 30 August 15 8:46 pm

Hello,

For a local event I try to get it a little bit more exciting than the regular "park the car as close to GZ and find your friends". So the idea which came up was you get to WP1, spend about a kilometer walking through the area seeing all the sightseeing things and collecting enough clues to determine the final location of the event. Or if that didn't work, a multi-cache for a day which people who get the clues could determine who has the log for the cache and can get to sign it.

And then you run into the Groundspeak rules and regulations which don't allow either (confirmed with i'riblit).

Would this kind of event or cache-for-a-day be hosted under the GCA banner. Now personally I don't have a problem with this, because for me they are both accessible. For the visibility to others I don't worry too much since most of the event announcements often get done on Facebook pages and local caching communities websites anyway.

Would either of this be okay?

Edwin

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Re: multi-cache event / multi-cache for a day

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 30 August 15 8:57 pm

This is Liberty Hall, you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard. And listing an event which has extra elements is not a problem.

The other option is to simply list it the way you want, but give attendees the choice of logging the event by simply turning up. Smileys are free, give 'em away to those who are happy to miss out on the fun part.

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Post by MavEtJu » 30 August 15 9:12 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:This is Liberty Hall, you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard. And listing an event which has extra elements is not a problem.
I expected so much, just did want to be sure.

Edwin

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 31 August 15 8:25 am

Papa Bear_Left wrote:This is Liberty Hall, you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard.
In fact we insist you do this.