Query : My First to Find

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
spatialriq
5500 or more caches found

Query : My First to Find

Post by spatialriq » 05 May 15 7:02 pm

Is there any way to dump out a list of caches you have in a hotlist, in this case 'My First to Find' list?

I've tried setting up a query to do so using the tag FTF or *FTF* but so far everything I try comes out with a count of 0 :(

biggles1024
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Re: Query : My First to Find

Post by biggles1024 » 05 May 15 9:38 pm

If these are GC caches, add them to a bookmark list and then create a pocket query based on the bookmark list.
Project-gc might also offer some options, but I don't know if you're familiar with that site and some of the more advanced features require paid membership.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 05 May 15 10:08 pm

If you have put *FTF* in the log then GCA will automatically flag them, otherwise you can go and mark your FTFs on this site. Alternatively if you are trying to do it on the GC site I think you might have to set up a list in GSAK or something similar which could then use the Geocaching API assuming you are a premium member to refresh the cache data.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 06 May 15 10:02 am

So, a downloadable list of the http://geocaching.com.au/my/hotlist/firsttofind/ page?

Not presently, but I'll add it to the Development list.

spatialriq

Post by spatialriq » 06 May 15 1:19 pm

Thanks Craig.

Yes I've put *FTF* in most of my finds. Tried running a query using that tag but got nothing.

I've got some 250 over the years. I've recently got into GSAK and manually ticked all my FTF .. only problem is that there's a difference of 1 between the GCA and GSAK lists ... wanted to get a list dump out of GCA and compare it to GSAK. Not urgent, just a 'nice to have' :)

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 06 May 15 1:48 pm

spatialriq wrote:Thanks Craig.

Yes I've put *FTF* in most of my finds. Tried running a query using that tag but got nothing.

I've got some 250 over the years. I've recently got into GSAK and manually ticked all my FTF .. only problem is that there's a difference of 1 between the GCA and GSAK lists ... wanted to get a list dump out of GCA and compare it to GSAK. Not urgent, just a 'nice to have' :)
A Tag search will not search the text of a log, only any public or private tags placed on the caches page. If you go to the caches page on GCA and enter FTF in the Private Tags box and save em, it SHOULD work.

Tags: they were a thing once, for about a week!