Archived geocache.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
miloryder

Archived geocache.

Post by miloryder » 03 June 14 3:28 pm

Recently I archived a cache of mine whilst work was being done, by the local council, to improve [?] the area.They have now finished and departed so I now wish to reinstate my cache and am unable to do so,how would I do this ? and did I make a mistake in the first place in "archiving" it?

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: Archived geocache.

Post by ian-and-penny » 03 June 14 4:10 pm

miloryder wrote:Recently I archived a cache of mine whilst work was being done, by the local council, to improve [?] the area.They have now finished and departed so I now wish to reinstate my cache and am unable to do so,how would I do this ? and did I make a mistake in the first place in "archiving" it?
Yes, disabling it would have been a better option.
If it is a GC cache contact your local reviewer to see if they can revive it for you.
If it is a GCA cache, a faerie will probably come along soon. (But they will need to know which cache it is!)

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 03 June 14 5:39 pm

You used to be able to get a reviewer to unarchive a cache if you archived it because of muggling but then it later turned up. However the last advice I got was unless it's within 30 days of archiving you have to submit a new cache.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 04 June 14 11:31 pm

Yurt wrote:You used to be able to get a reviewer to unarchive a cache if you archived it because of muggling but then it later turned up. However the last advice I got was unless it's within 30 days of archiving you have to submit a new cache.
Depends on how friendly your local reviewer is, I have pushed the limit a bit and had one reinstated. You can ask, if they say no then just relist a new one. The plus for previous finders is they can get a new find on a spot they have already visited. Of course that happens as well when a cache in a great spot is archived and the original hider doesn't replace it. Someone else comes along and thinks that's a great spot and puts one in the same spot and creates a new listing.