Found the trig before it was published

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Tyreless
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Found the trig before it was published

Post by Tyreless » 11 April 14 9:26 am

So there are no rules on GCA - anarchy rules! :D

However, there is such a thing as good etiquette and what feels "right", hence my question. I found a trig last weekend and, next to it, the remnants of the old trig. A couple of days later the old trig is published (Castle Cliff Old, TP6894). Is it "cheesy" for me to log it as found (and pick up some DragonZone points for the mighty Clan Cerebus in the process) even though I found it before it was published?

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found

Re: Found the trig before it was published

Post by rogerw3 » 11 April 14 10:20 am

Well it is only a couple days, as long as you have a photo of it, I would have no problem with it. Of course this is my personal opinion others may see it differently.
As a matter of fact pjmpjm and I were on our way there yesterday but abandoned the attempt due to the deluge.
Last edited by rogerw3 on 11 April 14 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 11 April 14 10:22 am

Not issue from me.

All TP's were originally listed in September 2009. A lot of logs have been logged with "proof of finding" before they were listed. This doesn't seem to be any different.

As long as you meet the expected requirement for logging a TP (i.e. proof by way of photo), I say make it so (even thought you're part of that clan :-))

The only question I would have (because I don't know the physical location), is whether there are actually two TPs there? I see from photos one new one. Is the "pin" the "old" one? If so, make it so.

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 11 April 14 10:25 am

caughtatwork wrote: The only question I would have (because I don't know the physical location), is whether there are actually two TPs there? I see from photos one new one. Is the "pin" the "old" one? If so, make it so.
The pin is the original Trip Point when this was a cairn, this was replaced with the current concrete pedestal Trig a short distance away. In fact the original mast and vanes are still there on the ground.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 11 April 14 10:38 am

Sweet.