Let's Talk Angels!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Richary
8000 or more caches found

Re: Let's Talk Angels! -- Angels Under Long White Cloud

Post by Richary » 08 January 14 10:13 pm

pjmpjm wrote:Make sure you keep the windows rolled up when crossing the Tasman! :)
And I don't even think she has a 4WD. I was wondering how tall the snorkel was though on the car.

rogerw3

Re: Let's Talk Angels!

Post by rogerw3 » 08 January 14 11:28 pm

Richary wrote:Well I grabbed one new one from Rookwood today but the others there have only had one move since I put them there so I couldn't grab them again. Someone else needs to do a raid.
I had it in mind to do just that, but from what I saw it seemed that James had picked up the lot on the 28th. I can't double check right now as Google Earth and GCA don't seem to want to play ball together (at least for me anyway!).

geo_jas
3000 or more caches found

Post by geo_jas » 08 January 14 11:55 pm

Yurt wrote:I will be flying to Melbourne next Thursday (16th). I can spread the angels from NSW/ACT to the southern angel stronghold and bring back some to infect Sydney.

I will be staying in Templestowe so if anyone wants to place a cache of angels in that area I'll leave the same behind and get these back to Sydney. I've always wondered what airport security would make of a bag full of moveable caches but I've done the same in the past with frogs and gnomes before and never had to answer any questions.

:weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel
I've hidden a few in the Box Hill, Blackburn area that have been stagnant for a while.

I'll see if I can grab some Angels from around town next week and move then to Templestowe. How long are you down here?

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 09 January 14 9:57 am

geo_jas wrote:
Yurt wrote:I will be flying to Melbourne next Thursday (16th). I can spread the angels from NSW/ACT to the southern angel stronghold and bring back some to infect Sydney.

I will be staying in Templestowe so if anyone wants to place a cache of angels in that area I'll leave the same behind and get these back to Sydney. I've always wondered what airport security would make of a bag full of moveable caches but I've done the same in the past with frogs and gnomes before and never had to answer any questions.

:weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel
I've hidden a few in the Box Hill, Blackburn area that have been stagnant for a while.

I'll see if I can grab some Angels from around town next week and move then to Templestowe. How long are you down here?
I'll be there Thursday and Friday night. Anywhere between there and the airport is also doable for me. Not Geelong or Sorrento though!

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 15 January 14 2:46 pm

I've got nine angels for the trip to Melbourne tomorrow. Hope someone can collect a similar amount (nothing too huge though) and leave them in the Templestowe region. PM me for more info and my mobile number.

geo_jas

Post by geo_jas » 15 January 14 10:52 pm

Yurt wrote:I've got nine angels for the trip to Melbourne tomorrow. Hope someone can collect a similar amount (nothing too huge though) and leave them in the Templestowe region. PM me for more info and my mobile number.
I did a drop this afternoon. There's 9 angels as well as 7 bingo and 2 leapfrog caches. Sorry no gnomes.

I'll PM my contact details.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 16 January 14 11:00 am

geo_jas wrote:
Yurt wrote:I've got nine angels for the trip to Melbourne tomorrow. Hope someone can collect a similar amount (nothing too huge though) and leave them in the Templestowe region. PM me for more info and my mobile number.
I did a drop this afternoon. There's 9 angels as well as 7 bingo and 2 leapfrog caches. Sorry no gnomes.

I'll PM my contact details.
Done. I'll see how many I can fit in my bag. Angels get priority! Thanks.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 21 January 14 7:30 pm

Well I think I've done my last big moves. Took the Sydney based angels to Melbourne and picked up a hatload down there including some older moveables. Left half of them in Sydney and took the rest to Yass for the ACT cachers who provided me with more angels (and older moveables) to take back to Sydney. Whew!
Thanks to geo_jas and Just_a_cacher/Black Bunny in particular!

I even fixed a broken angel from Victoria (no thanks to the Qantas baggage handlers!).

Richary

Post by Richary » 21 January 14 9:59 pm

Well I now have all the ones you dropped off for Baktrak, I suppose I need to try and get them near Zal or Tronador tomorrow somehow. All the non-angel moveables can wait!

TiedyeSmileys
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by TiedyeSmileys » 30 January 14 11:39 pm

Well, I think we can safely say that the NT wins the wooden spoon for the angels. 100% of angels in the NT not yet moved :oops:

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 31 January 14 12:30 pm

Last day for finds and moves before they turn into pumpkins... or stone.

spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by spatialriq » 31 January 14 2:58 pm

Just out of interest, were prizes ever discussed for placings, etc? I don't recall seeing anything about it early on.

Of course the reason I ask is that one of my angels is currently in 2nd place ... so no ulterior motive at all \:D/ \:D/

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 31 January 14 3:12 pm

No with the exception of maybe, but the answer is yes.

Richary

Post by Richary » 31 January 14 9:54 pm

Did a final move on 7 I had today, but the players were few and far between in Sydney this year so they didn't get around as much. Plus I was waiting to get near an area where another player would be so they didn't always get moved as quickly as they should have or they would have got stuck. Oh well, another angel year done and dusted.

Now to move on all the previous years moveables I collected over the last 2-3 weeks that arrived with angels, that now need homes. I've got another bag of those with about 6 in it.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 14 12:29 pm

Overall Distance at 10,832.15km:
FourW with Crying Cardboard Angel

Longest Distance at 5,414.90km:
FourW with Crying Cardboard Angel

As FourW collected both prizes, we're offering a consolation to the 2nd place achievers as well.

Overall Distance Consolation:
SpatialRiq at 7,543.28km with Spatial's Angel #1

Longest Distance Consolation:
bronnie_1990 at 3,107.69km withBronnie's angel

Most Stops at 23:
shazonaquest with Eastern angel

Special Nomination (and a prize to):
TiedyeSmileys with Angel of the night which didn't move at all.

You will all be contacted shortly to receive your prizes (don't get too excited).