Event stacking

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: Event stacking

Post by noikmeister » 13 May 13 9:24 pm

Adrian Mc wrote: I will own up to having listed multiple events in the past but would also like to add the disclaimer that I have since changed my mind and will not be doing so in future for any further events that I may submit for publishing.
Result SpinDoc! =D>

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 14 May 13 12:29 am

fluffyfish wrote:
Big Matt and Shell wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:There is no need for event stacking really. gc.com rules state that people are not required to sign the event log. So if you want to 'bump your numbers', just search for events and log a smilie.

"An event cache can be logged online if the cacher has attended the event. Event cache owners can request that cachers sign a logbook, but this is optional and cannot be a requirement for logging an event cache."
I think you may be overlooking the first part of your quote.
An event cache can be logged online if the cacher has attended the event.
How can you tell? Oh that's right, you can "trust" a cacher. So why have logs books in normal caches?
umm.. because, unlike an event cache, you (the owner) are probably not at the cache to see if the logger was there?

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 15 May 13 9:38 am

fluffyfish wrote:
Big Matt and Shell wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:There is no need for event stacking really. gc.com rules state that people are not required to sign the event log. So if you want to 'bump your numbers', just search for events and log a smilie.

"An event cache can be logged online if the cacher has attended the event. Event cache owners can request that cachers sign a logbook, but this is optional and cannot be a requirement for logging an event cache."
I think you may be overlooking the first part of your quote.
An event cache can be logged online if the cacher has attended the event.
How can you tell? Oh that's right, you can "trust" a cacher. So why have logs books in normal caches?
At my events I get around and talk to everyone that attends, I'd have a fair idea if someone wasn't there.
Apty wrote:I think tacking a CITO event on to a regular event is a noble thing and should be encouraged.
Although I'm not much of an event goer, I'd prefer to do a CITO.
I agree, as long as the CITO is a true CITO not just someone pulling the rubbish out of their car to bag up and bring to their event. The CITO's in the past that have primarily been held to give people another icon and not really provide any benefit to the community are the ones that I have a problem with.

They certainly shouldn't be used to clean up your own mess after a Geocaching event IMHO. Groundspeak have said the same in the case.