Newbie - etiquette question

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
FinderMouse

Newbie - etiquette question

Post by FinderMouse » 23 April 13 9:50 am

Hi all,

I've just started this hobby and am enjoying it so far.

I ordered 3 geocaching travel bugs yesterday and as soon as they arrive I'd like to send them out into the world.

I've only found two caches so far. One of them would be perfect for starting as its easy to find and due to its location in a "tourist" location in Sydney it's likely to be found soon by somebody heading overseas.

Is it poor etiquette to revisit that find to drop in a bug or two? Would I then log a note?

Thanks!

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Re: Newbie - etiquette question

Post by LouiseAnn » 23 April 13 10:10 am

Finding a cache twice is considered poor form, but dropping TBs with a note a you have said is completely fine

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by noikmeister » 23 April 13 7:37 pm

LouiseAnn wrote:Finding a cache twice is considered poor form, but dropping TBs with a note a you have said is completely fine
And by "finding" it is meant that logging it as found twice on the web site. There is another type of log called Write Note, which allows you to drop the bug.

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Logging Note for TB Drop

Post by pjmpjm » 26 April 13 7:11 pm

FinderMouse wrote:Hi all, Is it poor etiquette to revisit that find to drop in a bug or two? Would I then log a note? Thanks!
Yep, logging a note for a TB drop is the way to go. You can do that as often as you like.

Hope youll continue to enjoy geocaching.

roundcircle
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by roundcircle » 26 April 13 11:48 pm

Travel Bugs are great fun. But you should be aware that they have varied lives. Some go round the world multiple times, and last for years and years. Others get put out and disappear from the first cache, never to be seen again. So don't attach anything of any sort of value to one and then leave it in a cache. Hopefully yours will still be going round in 2023.

Good luck!