New Aussie reviewer?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bunya
Posts: 418
Joined: 10 May 05 5:51 pm
Location: South Australia

New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Bunya » 25 March 13 2:45 pm

Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60

User avatar
Apty
1350 or more caches found
1350 or more caches found
Posts: 101
Joined: 23 May 08 2:55 pm
Twitter: Apty
Location: Happy Valley

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Apty » 25 March 13 2:51 pm

It sure looks that way by what they wrote.

I was only thinking on Saturday how big a job it must be for theUMP with so many caches being submitting each day.

canary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found
Posts: 123
Joined: 31 December 05 6:58 pm
Location: Hazelbrook, NSW

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by canary » 25 March 13 3:32 pm

Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Reads that way.

"Indigenous astronomers: Tchingal – the emu in the sky."

Sound like someone?

User avatar
Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 1905
Joined: 11 February 07 9:53 pm
Twitter: BigMattandShell
Contact:

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 25 March 13 5:30 pm

Hmmm, very interesting.

User avatar
theUMP
Posts: 419
Joined: 16 February 06 8:15 pm
Location: Australia

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by theUMP » 25 March 13 5:42 pm

Apty wrote:I was only thinking on Saturday how big a job it must be for theUMP with so many caches being submitting each day.
Just for the record, it's not only me! Ministro and i,riblit cover the most populous States.

User avatar
Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
Posts: 297
Joined: 23 July 07 12:35 pm
Location: Newcastle, NSW

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 25 March 13 6:43 pm

canary wrote:
Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Reads that way.

"Indigenous astronomers: Tchingal – the emu in the sky."

Sound like someone?
The only one I can think of to bestow that title upon is the legendary Dak's Emu Mob! RIP.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1836
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Sol de Lune » 25 March 13 8:52 pm

Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Published on 25 Jan 2007, by a new reviewer (????) and hasn't been found!!! How does that work........

Online
User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16156
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by caughtatwork » 25 March 13 9:01 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:
Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Published on 25 Jan 2007, by a new reviewer (????) and hasn't been found!!! How does that work........
Hidden in 2007, published in 2013.

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1836
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Sol de Lune » 25 March 13 9:18 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Published on 25 Jan 2007, by a new reviewer (????) and hasn't been found!!! How does that work........
Hidden in 2007, published in 2013.
Yep, agree.....hidden in 2007, published in 2013...and our 'new' reviewer picks it up. Ok....

User avatar
setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Posts: 1422
Joined: 28 December 04 5:46 pm
Twitter: BGNWP
Location: Athelstone, SA
Contact:

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by setsujoku » 25 March 13 9:40 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Published on 25 Jan 2007, by a new reviewer (????) and hasn't been found!!! How does that work........
Hidden in 2007, published in 2013.
Yep, agree.....hidden in 2007, published in 2013...and our 'new' reviewer picks it up. Ok....
The description of the cache says that it used to be a multi, but the owner couldn't convert it, so they have listed a new one. The new traditional has just been back dated to when the container was originally placed for the multi?

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1836
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Sol de Lune » 25 March 13 10:17 pm

setsujoku wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Published on 25 Jan 2007, by a new reviewer (????) and hasn't been found!!! How does that work........
Hidden in 2007, published in 2013.
Yep, agree.....hidden in 2007, published in 2013...and our 'new' reviewer picks it up. Ok....
The description of the cache says that it used to be a multi, but the owner couldn't convert it, so they have listed a new one. The new traditional has just been back dated to when the container was originally placed for the multi?

Whichever.......It's a multi cache that was hidden back in 2007 and or traditional that was hidden in 2013.

I accept that a new reviewer has apparently published it......

Cache on......
Last edited by Sol de Lune on 26 March 13 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Online
User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16156
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by caughtatwork » 25 March 13 10:24 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:
setsujoku wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Published on 25 Jan 2007, by a new reviewer (????) and hasn't been found!!! How does that work........
Hidden in 2007, published in 2013.
Yep, agree.....hidden in 2007, published in 2013...and our 'new' reviewer picks it up. Ok....
The description of the cache says that it used to be a multi, but the owner couldn't convert it, so they have listed a new one. The new traditional has just been back dated to when the container was originally placed for the multi?

Whatever.....it's a multi cache that was hidden back in 2007 and or traditional that was hidden in 2013.

I'll accept that a new reviewer has apparently published it......

Cache on......
That's why there's a new reviewer. That poor cache sat in the review queue for 6 years before it finally made it to publish status :mrgreen:

User avatar
Richary
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Posts: 4136
Joined: 04 February 04 10:55 pm
Location: Waitara, Sydney

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Richary » 25 March 13 10:51 pm

Shame it's so far away, it would be a good one to get the stats up on the most "unloved"!

Sol de Lune
Posts: 1836
Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Location: Wright ACT

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by Sol de Lune » 25 March 13 11:01 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
setsujoku wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:
Bunya wrote:Do we have a new Aussie reviewer "Tchingal"?
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dd9cf15a60
Published on 25 Jan 2007, by a new reviewer (????) and hasn't been found!!! How does that work........
Hidden in 2007, published in 2013.
Yep, agree.....hidden in 2007, published in 2013...and our 'new' reviewer picks it up. Ok....
The description of the cache says that it used to be a multi, but the owner couldn't convert it, so they have listed a new one. The new traditional has just been back dated to when the container was originally placed for the multi?

Whatever.....it's a multi cache that was hidden back in 2007 and or traditional that was hidden in 2013.

I'll accept that a new reviewer has apparently published it......

Cache on......
That's why there's a new reviewer. That poor cache sat in the review queue for 6 years before it finally made it to publish status :mrgreen:
I've only been caching since Oct 2007, so it's before my time anyway.......

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 727
Joined: 08 August 09 12:04 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: New Aussie reviewer?

Post by LouiseAnn » 25 March 13 11:18 pm

anyone know who it is? (or is it like flight club?)

Also, I just noticed, my cache was commented on by "Hersien" so is there more than one?

Post Reply