Clean-Up Australia Day casualties?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Briggbottoms
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Clean-Up Australia Day casualties?

Post by Briggbottoms » 04 March 13 9:52 pm

Recently checked on a hide and found that an organised Clean-Up Australia Day volunteer crew had been through the area and removed maybe a tonne of trash - including possibly the exposed / misplaced cache container :roll: :roll:

Has this happened to anybody else - or any other caches that anybody can recall?

I have contacted the local organiser, just in case I get lucky.

Captain Terror
7000 or more caches found
7000 or more caches found

Re: Clean-Up Australia Day casualties?

Post by Captain Terror » 05 March 13 4:45 am

This was the only Clean Up Australia Day casualty I know of :(
http://coord.info/GC45984

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 10 March 13 7:31 pm

When we asked the Blackburn Lake Advisory Committee for permission to place a cache there back in 2009, the guy we emailed said that he thought there was a container hanging around the Visitors Centre that had been found during a previous ("some years ago") Clean Up Australia Day. Email as follows
"We found a cache some years ago during a ‘Clean Up Australia Day’ working bee, but we were unable to trace the person who placed it there to return it."
We picked up the old container and we worked out who the previous owner was by looking at the Archived caches map and then contacted them but they no longer "play the game" so they didn't reply.
Just goes to show though that we should put some form of contact details in our caches so we can be contacted if needs be.

Ben and Benji

Post by Ben and Benji » 30 March 13 5:28 pm

I've hidden a cache in Nairne SA and it has been muggled twice, possibly because off claen up Australia day.