Have we hit mainstream?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Re: Have we hit mainstream?

Post by Yurt » 28 March 13 8:35 pm

Ages ago I signed up to a newsletter called "Simple Savings" which I rarely read but still get. I just saw this in it tonight:
HINT OF THE WEEK

This week's winner is Woolfie. Woolfie has won a 12 month subscription to the
Savings Vault (value $47).

------------------------------------------------

CHEAP FAMILY FUN WITH GEOCACHING

A cheap hand-held GPS unit can provide your family with endless cost-free outings, fun and treasure hunting! Geocaching involves finding items and locations by GPS, and is completely free. You can find out more at geocaching.com.

A great way to try it out and see if you like it is by using the GPS feature on a phone. After that the handheld GPS units can be bought from about $150. Once you get a Geocaching membership (completely free on the website above), you search for Geocaches in your area by loading the co-ordinates into your GPS and heading out to parks, walkways and places of interest to hunt for the cache. This is usually something that looks like part of the scenery, but is actually a cache in disguise! Once found, you sign the logbook and, when you get home, log your find on the website.

This game gets you out either walking or driving to explore places in your area, and can also be a great way to find special places when away on holiday.
Not promoting it but you can Google "simple savings" if you want to know more.

I wonder who 'Woolfie' is.