How did everyone go in the floods/fires?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

How did everyone go in the floods/fires?

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 11 February 13 9:28 am

So, how has everyone gone with the weather over the last couple of months, floods in Qld, and fires down south? Many caches in Bundy and the rest of Qld would have been affected, and may be some cachers as well.

Personally, I think I may have lost a couple of caches around Rocky and Gladstone. 2 at least that I can say were certainly under water, possibly 4.

On the homefront, no dramas, our house in Gladstone, in spite of getting hundreds of mm or rain in the space of a couple of days, stayed high and dry. In Blackwater, no issues what so ever. We measured about 225mm in 2 1/2 days here. My work affected, with no trains running die to flooding, then a pretty big derailment last week. Fortunately, I am still being paid, even though I have only worked about 5 days in about 3 weeks since the flooding started.

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found

Re: How did everyone go in the floods/fires?

Post by Team Pathfinder » 11 February 13 2:58 pm

Glad to hear you are all ok and dry we have been wondering how many of our Queensland friends have managed with the rain! Any news on the Fudleys I know they live in Bundaberg and Temingi from Yeepoon?

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 11 February 13 3:16 pm

I cant imagine Temengi would have had any dramas, if his place goes under water, the rangers at Ayres Rock would have to be worried about their place going under. Not too sure about The Fuddleys. Not sure where in Bundy they live.

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 11 February 13 3:21 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:I cant imagine Temengi would have had any dramas, if his place goes under water, the rangers at Ayres Rock would have to be worried about their place going under. Not too sure about The Fuddleys. Not sure where in Bundy they live.
Ah... thanks for letting us know. :-)

oldfella
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by oldfella » 11 February 13 6:29 pm

Team Pathfinder wrote:Glad to hear you are all ok and dry we have been wondering how many of our Queensland friends have managed with the rain! Any news on the Fudleys I know they live in Bundaberg and Temingi from Yeepoon?
I received an email rom the Fuddleys with their new contact address as they were moving back to New Zealand mid January 2013. their house was on the southern side of Bundy so hopefully it would have been OK.

I lost a few of my caches in Bundy so back up there on Wednesday to replace them. A lot of water in my neck of the woods and some caches covered in water but none lost.

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 11 February 13 7:00 pm

I received an email rom the Fuddleys with their new contact address as they were moving back to New Zealand mid January 2013. their house was on the southern side of Bundy so hopefully it would have been OK.

I lost a few of my caches in Bundy so back up there on Wednesday to replace them. A lot of water in my neck of the woods and some caches covered in water but none lost.

Hopefully you stayed high and dry even if some of your caches didn't. :)

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 11 February 13 9:43 pm

I had one cache go under here in Rockhampton. The thing is I planned for it to go under so its all fine with it. Talking to a couple of other locals it looks like they may have lost a couple.

Rainbow Spirit
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Rainbow Spirit » 13 February 13 8:58 pm

I found 3 caches in Kempsey while there with the SES. The Macleay never got above minor flood level.

Ozibags
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Ozibags » 14 February 13 9:12 am

Fuddley and my Harriet Island caches would definitely have been affected by the floods, being in the Burnett River. They are (were?) ammo cans chained to trees so should have survived, but some local intelligence suggests they may be buried under a lot of sand transported and dumped on the island by the floods. I won't be getting out to check them any time soon as I'm now living in SA. :(

I'm considering doing a maintenance trip back to Bundy closer to winter and when things get back to normal after the floods.