BIG Little Event II is coming...

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Post Reply
jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 07 February 13 1:48 pm

Hi all,

You might want to keep the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Oct 2014 free... WINK WINK :)

I've booked it for BIG Little Event II - official announcement and the website will be
showing updated information on location etc NEXT Wednesday 13th Feb. 2013

For those munzee players that attended the first BLE.. you know we looked after you with plenty of
munzees (in fact over 50 mystery tags deployed plus others)

We will be looking after you again.. but with some new fun deploys too... TIMED MUNZEES.. only available during a certain time..
get there and grab it fast.. plus some other surprises we're working on..

In the tradition of the first event we've already got some of the things you liked about the first locked in..

Free Face painting
Free Bouncy Castle
Free Entertainment / Concert

And this time...

You can bring your PETS..
Lots of level powered campsites
And you are welcome to enjoy a quiet drink at the event site..

We have a surprise or two in store.....

And for those of you that might like to attend..

We have some exclusive PT's that you can only get if you attended BLE number one.. We will not be making these available to anyone else...

Plus for those that come and register early (once new website is live after next Wednesday 13th Feb 2013..) an "Early Bird" PT being designed now and will be sent out in coming months... also only available to people whom get registered and paid early.. you'll still receive all the regular goodies in your event bag..

We'll also have a few PT swap meets organised for the event with TWO more unique BLE designs ONLY
available at the Event during those meetings..

And if you CAN'T get enough BLE goodness?! We're also offering a LIFETIME BLE PASS.. no more
registration FEES EVER.. just a once only discounted payment... and YES we're already organising BLE III...

More to come... the clock is ticking.. hope to see you all again for BLE II...

You're welcome to drop me an email if you have any questions.. but I can't tell you everything yet. :)

Regards
James

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 08 February 13 3:17 pm

Details are live on www.BIGLittleEvent.com regarding BLE II..

Hope to see you there at Naracoorte SA 2014.. with World Heritage Naracoorte Caves.. Bool Lagoon.. and more.. there's plenty to see and do..

Thanks..

User avatar
Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Posts: 1194
Joined: 10 April 03 4:51 pm
Location: Geraldton Western Australia
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by Team Pathfinder » 10 February 13 4:21 pm

Yippee... and dog friendly - we definitely we be coming across for this one. We would have love to have come for the last/first event but couldn't find a dog friendly caravan park to stop at so had to miss out. Now to mark the calendar and count down the days! =D>

User avatar
Just a cacher
Posts: 580
Joined: 03 July 10 3:01 am
Location: Northside, Canberra, Australia

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by Just a cacher » 10 February 13 6:36 pm

Dog friendly?! Wow! Sounds great!

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 11 February 13 9:22 am

Team Pathfinder wrote:Yippee... and dog friendly - we definitely we be coming across for this one. We would have love to have come for the last/first event but couldn't find a dog friendly caravan park to stop at so had to miss out. Now to mark the calendar and count down the days! =D>
Excellent, look forward to meeting you. We're looking to do a "Mini event" (or should I say Little!) within the BIG event just
for the K9's... complete with toys, treats etc..

Let me know what you think.

Regards
James

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 11 February 13 9:25 am

Just a cacher wrote:Dog friendly?! Wow! Sounds great!
Thanks, we love dogs, but unfortunately could not find a location for the first BLE that was where we wanted to be.. but
this time is very different. Nice location but also plenty of room for the dogs to play..

As said above want to do a "doggy style" event.. oh umm.. let me explain.. a get together for your pets..

Cheers
James

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 12 February 13 7:50 pm

For those that maybe interested, I have an interview on radio tonight with Murray Wilton on 2UE at 10.00pm 12th Feb Sydney time if you'd like to listen in helping to spread the word about geocaching etc.

Cheers
James

User avatar
the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 271
Joined: 15 July 08 7:33 am
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by the farmers 5 » 13 February 13 7:42 am

jgc3 wrote:For those that maybe interested, I have an interview on radio tonight with Murray Wilton on 2UE at 10.00pm 12th Feb Sydney time if you'd like to listen in helping to spread the word about geocaching etc.

Cheers
James
Nice interview James. :D

As it didn't come on until 10.20 pm, it was interesting to hear the chats to listeners ringing into the station prior to your interview as well.
They were talking about the ghost tours of a church in Canberra by Tim the Yowie Man. This guy did an interview recently with tankengine on Geocaching in Canberra that made the newspapers. Also the interesting chats about tunnel tours under Sydney and the old unused railway stations around Sydney in particular.

I thought your interview was very good and informative . Some light hearted moments and example of the xmas cache down your way had him thinking.
Nice positive outlook on all the aspects of geocaching. I see you even got a free plug in for your magazine and the BIG little event.

Well done James =D> =D>

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 17 February 13 2:42 pm

the farmers 5 wrote:
jgc3 wrote:For those that maybe interested, I have an interview on radio tonight with Murray Wilton on 2UE at 10.00pm 12th Feb Sydney time if you'd like to listen in helping to spread the word about geocaching etc.

Cheers
James
Nice interview James. :D

As it didn't come on until 10.20 pm, it was interesting to hear the chats to listeners ringing into the station prior to your interview as well.
They were talking about the ghost tours of a church in Canberra by Tim the Yowie Man. This guy did an interview recently with tankengine on Geocaching in Canberra that made the newspapers. Also the interesting chats about tunnel tours under Sydney and the old unused railway stations around Sydney in particular.

I thought your interview was very good and informative . Some light hearted moments and example of the xmas cache down your way had him thinking.
Nice positive outlook on all the aspects of geocaching. I see you even got a free plug in for your magazine and the BIG little event.

Well done James =D> =D>
Hi

Thank you, always good to promote the hobby in general and great to promote our event and magazine. Yes, it was interesting I also had a listen to the other callers and enjoyed the show. Even had a few people email me to get some more help on joining our hobby.. or is it a sport.. oh we already did that one!!! So wonderfull to hear from new people thinking of getting onboard.

Certainly been interesting with the media attention we got recently down here, makes for a good scrap book for the grand kids..

Look forward to seeing you in Canberra.. Cheers

User avatar
Calypso62
Posts: 59
Joined: 19 June 09 1:38 pm
Location: Dural Sydney

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by Calypso62 » 17 February 13 10:35 pm

Hi James,
Is there a link so we can listen to the interview on the web?

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 18 February 13 9:09 am

Calypso62 wrote:Hi James,
Is there a link so we can listen to the interview on the web?
Unfortunately not that I am aware, I checked with the interviewer at 2UE it was streamed live.

Cheers

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 28 March 13 1:41 pm

The latest edition of Geocaching in Australia magazine has a preview of BLE II available now (Vol 3 Issue1)

Also covers BLE 1...

Thanks

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 12 April 13 1:51 pm

Hi,

For those people already registered for BLE II, we've received the "Early Bird" pathtags and I'm posting 17th April..

Regards
James

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 15 May 14 1:14 pm

We're happy to have the listing for BLE2 open

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6756

jgc3
Posts: 139
Joined: 20 February 09 4:09 pm
Location: Mount Gambier
Contact:

Re: BIG Little Event II is coming...

Post by jgc3 » 08 September 14 11:52 am

For the munzee players coming to the event;

40 New Event Only Mystery virtuals to capture.

Over 30 new regular munzees

5 Ruby Munzees

10 Motels / Diamond munzee

Plus Special capture icon
Plus Special BLE Event badge

With many BLE munzees already deployed in the surrounding Areas of
Naracoorte, Apsley (VIC), Edenhope (VIC), Millicent and more.

We also in the process of putting out some fun geocaches in most of those areas too so there's
plenty to find while you get to Naracoorte.

As always if you don't get to the event please enjoy the geocaches when you're in the area next.

Some prizes to giveaway.

Post Reply