Deleting Image from Image Gallery

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found

Deleting Image from Image Gallery

Post by Team Pathfinder » 04 January 13 10:25 pm

Evening all

There is a new geocacher in our area and after finding our Sneaky and Deceptive caches he has taken it upon himself to post photos of where he found the cache. I have asked him to remove the photos and explained that is why they have a 4 rating for difficulty. I can't seem to find a way I can get rid of them myself, not sure if deleting his log would do it but think that is a bit nasty if I had to do that. Anyone able to assist.

Cheers

Sue

Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: Deleting Image from Image Gallery

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 04 January 13 10:37 pm

Contact Groundspeak and let them know!

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 04 January 13 10:38 pm

Marcus Vitruvius wrote:Contact Groundspeak and let them know!

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 04 January 13 11:19 pm

Team Pathfinder wrote:Evening all

There is a new geocacher in our area and after finding our Sneaky and Deceptive caches he has taken it upon himself to post photos of where he found the cache. I have asked him to remove the photos and explained that is why they have a 4 rating for difficulty. I can't seem to find a way I can get rid of them myself, not sure if deleting his log would do it but think that is a bit nasty if I had to do that. Anyone able to assist.

Cheers

Sue
From the cache page click on the gallery, click on the image, you should then see an 'edit' option and then once you click on that you should see a 'delete' option. It creates some sort of log saying that you have deleted the image. (There may be other ways but this is the way I got told to do it.)

I have seen a few of these types of logs on the watchlists that I had and all of them were by the cache owner.

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 04 January 13 11:37 pm

Chwiliwr wrote:
Team Pathfinder wrote:Evening all

Cheers

Sue
From the cache page click on the gallery, click on the image, you should then see an 'edit' option and then once you click on that you should see a 'delete' option. It creates some sort of log saying that you have deleted the image. (There may be other ways but this is the way I got told to do it.)

I have seen a few of these types of logs on the watchlists that I had and all of them were by the cache owner.

Ah - I probably couldnt highlight the image because I am using my IPad. I will break out the laptop tomorrow and give it a go. Thanks.

Browngang
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by Browngang » 17 January 13 9:52 pm

Just did the same thing tonight. After deleting about 20-30 logs by a few "usernames" in Port Macquarie :shock: (I'll just call them usernames as I don't think they are real cachers), on a few of my caches. I checked all said caches, and no names [-( [-X This arvo I was in the street of an old find and had another look in there. Yep no names of said cachers. They haven't even ever visited the GC website. How does that happen???? 50 or so finds and never visit the website :-k I thought I'd view their profile and that page say's they have never visited the website and their email has never been validated, so they probably never get the deleted log notification. Can one sign up and cache purely on the iphone gc.com app? But that would get a visit everytime they start the app I suppose.
Anyway that of my chest, I deleted a picture from one of my caches tonight and it(GC.com) said that it had posted a reviewer note. What happens to that now I wonder. The picture is sure gone :-"
Chris