ACT Bingo caches

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
JustinCBR
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

ACT Bingo caches

Post by JustinCBR » 26 December 12 5:32 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the Bingo caches here in the ACT have been cleaned out? Tigersden collected them all on 24th and 25th and is now dropping them in Bega and Pambula, which is great for cachers down on the south coast, but is making for a boring period here in the ACT and disappointing for ACT cachers who still needed to collect some of the numbers that Tigersden has now taken out of reach. I had swapped a few ACT caches for Sydney ones last weekend so that we'd all have some additional numbers to play with between Christmas and New Year, but Tigersden got most of those as well. Am I the only one disappointed by this? Should it be etiquette that moving caches out of a region should only happen if also moving a similar number of caches into the region?

caughtatwork

Re: ACT Bingo caches

Post by caughtatwork » 26 December 12 5:49 pm

In the case of "caches chasers vs. snoozers looses", I think the verdict was in favour of "caches chasers". There is no obligation on anyone to replace a cache with any other cache, in the spot, locality, region or even state. This is not a cache delivery game. It's a game all about the numbers. You need to chase to win.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 26 December 12 6:40 pm

All right. I agree with the sentiment, C@W, but I absolutely detest the tongue twister! I tried to read the above to the Bunny, aloud. BIG mistake!!!!

Oh, and, Justin? Talk to the Bunny. Similar ideas, I suspect.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 26 December 12 8:15 pm

caughtatwork wrote:In the case of "caches chasers vs. snoozers looses", I think the verdict was in favour of "caches chasers". There is no obligation on anyone to replace a cache with any other cache, in the spot, locality, region or even state. This is not a cache delivery game. It's a game all about the numbers. You need to chase to win.
All fair and within the rules C@W, but on another thread you were expressing dismay at how competitive it had all got?

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 26 December 12 8:30 pm

Wow! There seems to be almost 30 bingo caches in tigersden's possession and nothing whatsoever left in ACT :shock: Certainly not worth a trip down there for a while! Thank goodness BB brought a few home with him for you to play with =D> I've heard of a raid but that does seem rather complete. Yep, you need to chase them pdq when that can happen so quickly!

All I can suggest to those ACT cachers is that they take a drive to Victoria and carry out a similar raid, bring them back to Canberra and then they'll be closer for me to grab :wink:

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 26 December 12 9:10 pm

I know tigersden is up to about 60 moveables for this trip. That's fair and by the rules, but given the nature of the game personally I wouldn't be dropping them in an area like the south coast where if there are any active cachers they aren't playing the game. If someone doesn't do a reverse raid I expect those ones are out of play for a few months.

Given the need is only to move them 1km to score a tick on the card, I would personally be moving them more locally or if a long distance, to somewhere where I know there are other players. For that reason I didn't even bother leaving some down near Camden when there the other week for work. I waited until I got back towards places I know they frequent.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 26 December 12 9:54 pm

nutwood wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:In the case of "caches chasers vs. snoozers looses", I think the verdict was in favour of "caches chasers". There is no obligation on anyone to replace a cache with any other cache, in the spot, locality, region or even state. This is not a cache delivery game. It's a game all about the numbers. You need to chase to win.
All fair and within the rules C@W, but on another thread you were expressing dismay at how competitive it had all got?
The rules of Geocaching take precedence over the game, really. If I pick up a cache I can move it as far as I would like. There is no obligation for me to leave one behind. I rarely have a moveable cache in the car to drop off, so in reality I can't see a pick up / drop off position working well. If there was nothing to drop off I could never pick one up. In terms of the game, I believe I lamented on exactly this sort of thing occurring. Better left to the other thread. There's also the position that in order for new blood to come into an area, caches must, by necessity move from somewhere else. So one area benefits to the detriment of another.

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 26 December 12 11:45 pm

caughtatwork wrote: This is not a cache delivery game. It's a game all about the numbers. You need to chase to win.
Well said. This is how it's always been. Snatching moveables!!!! If you want something, go on and snatch it right back. :lol:

FelixII
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 30 December 12 8:30 pm

Hmmm seems that WA moveables are being raided currently by ACT player so you may well have some more sooner
than you think :twisted:

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 30 December 12 10:48 pm

It's kinda bad sport-ish behaviour :-"

mtbikeroz
5000 or more caches found

Post by mtbikeroz » 31 December 12 3:59 pm

JustinCBR wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the Bingo caches here in the ACT have been cleaned out? Tigersden collected them all on 24th and 25th and is now dropping them in Bega and Pambula, which is great for cachers down on the south coast, but is making for a boring period here in the ACT and disappointing for ACT cachers who still needed to collect some of the numbers that Tigersden has now taken out of reach. I had swapped a few ACT caches for Sydney ones last weekend so that we'd all have some additional numbers to play with between Christmas and New Year, but Tigersden got most of those as well. Am I the only one disappointed by this? Should it be etiquette that moving caches out of a region should only happen if also moving a similar number of caches into the region?
REALLY???

Why have a dozen or so been sitting at S35° 19.567' E148° 56.801'
for 2 days now?????
(Dropped off by C@H & jacimarble)

mark_rattigan
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
Twitter: m_ratt

Post by mark_rattigan » 31 December 12 6:22 pm

FelixII wrote:Hmmm seems that WA moveables are being raided currently by ACT player so you may well have some more sooner than you think :twisted:
If you're referring to me, unfortunately I could only grab half a dozen, and as we're not heading back home too soon they'll be rehidden within Perth. :(

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 01 January 13 12:30 am

mtbikeroz wrote: REALLY???

for 2 days now?????
Because they are sitting in the middle of a campsite, in a tent. Its rude to intrude.

believe me I tried!!!

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 01 January 13 3:04 pm

Bronnie_1990 wrote:
mtbikeroz wrote: REALLY???

for 2 days now?????
Because they are sitting in the middle of a campsite, in a tent. Its rude to intrude.

believe me I tried!!!

And that campsite is now empty......oh well, they may surface somewhere else in Canberra. (No, I don't have them)

mtbikeroz

Post by mtbikeroz » 02 January 13 5:30 pm

All very poor form I think chaps, bring a dozen or so here, lock them up in a tent, then they get "picked up" by a fellow Melbournian, Ali J. So, it appears they never were here available to be found, very poor form chaps.