a simple GeoGame and it's rules..

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ktmadventurer
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

a simple GeoGame and it's rules..

Post by ktmadventurer » 14 November 12 12:03 pm

Hello,
There are 4 of us who would like to have a game just amongst us; nothing formal or published.
Comments about my "rules" would be welcome in terms of picking up things that could go wrong...
1. 3 hour time limit
2. Winner is the person/team who logs the most caches. 1 point per cache
3. Caches cannot have been found by a player/team prior to our game
4. Photo must be taken of both players with cache
5. Logs, finds and play must be valid and in the spirit of GeoCaching
6. Players can decide on any form of transport they choose (bicycle/walk/car) - suggestion has been to make us ALL use the same transport.

I'd like to keep it as simple as possible, but the suggestion has been made to make a list of possible caches and the players can only choose from that list. The basis of this suggestion is that the caches should be in an area of a reasonable radius to the common starting point. But my rationale is that this should form part of the player/teams' strategy/decision making.

We're all fairly new to GeoCaching and the thought of finding a whole heap in one day is what is exciting!
I'm hoping far more experienced GeoGamers could prevent any bad friendships afterwards! :lol:

Thanks!

jusojara
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Re: a simple GeoGame and it's rules..

Post by jusojara » 14 November 12 12:44 pm

Perhaps assign different points to each cache, or area of caches, based on the effort required to find it, so caches further away or more remote are worth more points, reward the journey to find the cache.

Likewise puzzles or multi's should earn more points (and of course GCA caches should be worth the most :wink: )

belken

Post by belken » 14 November 12 1:20 pm

You could always use a Rogaining style point system. We do have a person who has designed a GPS Rogaine in the forum here.

By that I mean the list of caches is set for all players, a starting point is set for all players, points are allocated to caches for ease and distance from start point, teams strategise to gain most points. ie do you do a power trail of 20 1 point caches or climb Castle Hill and pick up 2 10 point caches.

Sounds interesting. Good luck.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 14 November 12 1:42 pm

Chillibutts came up with a similar thing here in Adelaide about a year ago. See GC2Y938

I than copied his idea a few months ago with GC3Q7MY

I think belkin is referring to Geogaine (by Zytheran) which is also a lot of fun. See http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Geogaine

Browngang
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by Browngang » 14 November 12 5:31 pm

You can add up the d/t points. eg a D/T 2/3 would give you 5 points. We have played that one before at an event. So you can find higher difficulty/terrain caches but less of them or more 1.5/1.5's. add them all up at the end for the winner.

ktmadventurer
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by ktmadventurer » 15 November 12 9:13 am

Excellent suggestions and links!
Thanks for the help - am busy re-planning with gusto!