Dumb Question - Can You "Transfer Ownership" of your Caches?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
batmansteve69

Dumb Question - Can You "Transfer Ownership" of your Caches?

Post by batmansteve69 » 07 October 12 9:31 am

Hello all,

It has been a long time since I have been here but anyways...

I have a bit of problem, one of my caches has been destroyed (GC17W3W) and I will hopefully fix it over the next couple of days.

The problem is that I am about to move interstate and won't be able to maintain any of my four hidden caches, so I either archive them and move on or I was wondering can I get someone to take over the care/ownership of them?

There are two caches in particular that I (perhaps a little arrogantly) think are worthy of being maintained, they are GC17W3W and GC175JE. The other two caches are pretty mundane and I will probably just leave them until they need work then archive them.

What are your thoughts??

Steve.

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: Dumb Question - Can You "Transfer Ownership" of your Caches?

Post by ian-and-penny » 07 October 12 9:38 am

Groundspeak: Adopt a Listing

You just need a volunteer to adopt them.

roundcircle
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by roundcircle » 07 October 12 11:17 am

Sorry to hear your moving on. It'd be a pitty to lose "The Miners Right". I'd think that there'd be someone around who'd pick it up, and if there are no takers then I'll volunteer. (Along with the other three.)

Most of the local Ballarat chatter seems to be on facebook. I can send you a link or mention it there if you want. Let me know or PM me if you like.

Cheers.

sully1
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by sully1 » 08 October 12 9:58 pm

I agree with roundcircle. Miners Rights would be a big loss to the caching community. Plus, I still haven't done it yet, each time I plan too, something comes up. It's well deserved of it's praising logs. And no doubt been a memorable find for many cachers over the years. All the best Steve, only met you guys once, shame you're moving on, your caches have been great. Ballarats loss.