Those Badges and those Darned logs!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
lemmykc
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Re: Those Badges and those Darned logs!

Post by lemmykc » 10 October 12 9:16 am

day1976 wrote:Well I admit it. Guilty as charged your honor! As a newbie, sometimes the cumulative enjoyment of finding multiple containers on a single day is greater than that of any particular cache. There is a saying that "Happiness is not a destination, but the journey." Cutting and pasting this experience onto each log is just expressing the happiness of the day out caching. Following this I always try and write some kind words about the experience of each individual cache, sometimes the actual cache can also provide a wonderful experience, and this will be reflected in the log. However, there is only so much you can write about a plastic container hidden underneath a piece of bark at the base of a tree in a car park. I had no idea that this irked others so much, maybe I should just stick to TFTC. :cry:
Day1976 I don't believe you are one of the loggers in question. Your logs are not as long as those that have irked the people on this forum here. Keep up the good work :)

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by ian-and-penny » 10 October 12 10:36 am

Yurt wrote:Quite a few people preface every log with "This is my 409th overall find" or words to that effect. Why do people need to know the number of each find? Just curious.
While it's not about the numbers :D :D . . . I do like to keep track. Logs aren't just for the hider, they are a historical record for finders too.

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 10 October 12 12:17 pm

ian-and-penny wrote:
Yurt wrote:Quite a few people preface every log with "This is my 409th overall find" or words to that effect. Why do people need to know the number of each find? Just curious.
While it's not about the numbers :D :D . . . I do like to keep track. Logs aren't just for the hider, they are a historical record for finders too.
What he said. ^
I like looking back at a cache and my logs sometimes are a reminder of something that was interesting for me at the time and not anything to do with the owner except for thanking them for the cache or find whichever it may be. :-"

For me my log is about the journey, if that is about the trip that I was on, or the people that I was with or the fact that I want to record I found this on a day with 165,245 other caches then that is my choice, or I thought it was.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 10 October 12 2:44 pm

I can see the point of adding some personal stats like the find number. My log is for me as much as the CO. My logs are basically a diary... now 800 and something days into the geostreak, someone can ask me where I was and what I did on any day for the past 2 years, and I can tell them exactly in a few clicks... that is pretty awesome.

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 13 October 12 8:12 am

lemmykc wrote:
day1976 wrote:Well I admit it. Guilty as charged your honor! As a newbie, sometimes the cumulative enjoyment of finding multiple containers on a single day is greater than that of any particular cache. There is a saying that "Happiness is not a destination, but the journey." Cutting and pasting this experience onto each log is just expressing the happiness of the day out caching. Following this I always try and write some kind words about the experience of each individual cache, sometimes the actual cache can also provide a wonderful experience, and this will be reflected in the log. However, there is only so much you can write about a plastic container hidden underneath a piece of bark at the base of a tree in a car park. I had no idea that this irked others so much, maybe I should just stick to TFTC. :cry:
Day1976 I don't believe you are one of the loggers in question. Your logs are not as long as those that have irked the people on this forum here. Keep up the good work :)
Try harder... :mrgreen:

:-$